- India-Bound Volkswagen T-Cross Official Video Released — To Rival Hyundai Creta
- Volkswagen To Make 1-Litre TSi Turbocharged Petrol Engines In India
- New Volkswagen T-Cross Compact-SUV Teased: Rivals The Hyundai Creta
- Skoda To Lead Model Development For Volkswagen Group In India
- Volkswagen Golf GTD Spotted Testing In India: Volkswagen Considering An India-Launch?
- Volkswagen Extended Warranty & Service Packages: New Monsoon Plans From Volkswagen India
Volkswagen has announced the start of production of its premium luxury sedan, Passat at its Aurangabad facility in Maharashtra.
Continuing the momentum to introduce its global portfolio in India, Volkswagen will launch the new Passat later this year, the first sedan based on the MQB platform.
The Passat will redefine luxury in the sedan segment offering a premium driving experience, bringing to life the legacy of the brand. The Passat will be powered by a 2-litre diesel engine producing 174bhp. The engine is mated to a 6-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
The new Passat delivers a perfect blend of performance, efficiency, luxury and most importantly safety. The sleek and suave design of the Passat is sure to appeal to the Indian customers and is poised to become the undisputed leader in the luxury sedan segment.
Director of Passenger Cars, Volkswagen India, Steffen Knapp, said, "We are happy to bring back one of our most successful premium luxury products to the Indian market, the Volkswagen Passat. With the introduction of the Passat we extend our portfolio, encompassing a wide variety of products from a hatchback to a luxury sedan."
Volkswagen has finally revealed that it will introduce the new Passat in the Indian market. It will be the first car to be based on the flexible MQB platform. The new sedan will rival the likes of Honda Accord, Skoda Superb and the Toyota Camry.