- 14 hrs ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- 18 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Awarded 5-Star Safety Rating By ASEAN NCAP
- 18 hrs ago Best-Selling Bikes & Scooters In India For September 2020: Here Is The Top-10 List!
- 20 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Review (First-Drive): The Mid-Size SUV That Offers Best Of Both Worlds?
- Lifestyle Simple And Effective Methods to Lose Fat In Your Face
- News Bengaluru rains: Heavy showers triggers waterlogging in low lying areas
- Sports IPL 2020: We are not speaking about finishing in top two, says Mumbai Indians stand-in captain Kieron Pollard
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam 2: Director Jeethu Joseph Makes A Major Revelation About The Release
- Technology LG Q52 Stops By Geekbench; Live Images And key Specs Also Leaked
- Finance Central Govt Offers Buffer Onion Stock To States To Keep Prices In Check
- Education Karnataka To Reopen Engineering And Degree Colleges On November 17
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Days ahead of its highly anticipated launch, the all new Maruti Dzire was involved in an high speed accident in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. The accident left the new Dzire badly damaged bringing into question the safety of the compact sedan.
According to the images provided by DriveSpark readers Vineet Rathore and Ajeet Jain, it appears that the new Dzire was struck on its side by a Tata Safari Storme. The new Dzire suffered heavy damage, especially to the driver side door and headlamp.
The Tata Safari Storme, on the other hand, suffered severe damage to the front fender, bonnet and the wheel on the driver side.
There is no current update on the status of the occupants of either vehicle. We'll update the story as and when we get more details of the accident.
The new Maruti Dzire was unveiled in India last month. The new Dzire will be the third-generation model of the popular Maruti sedan to hit the Indian market when it launches later this month.
The new Maruti Dzire is based on the HEARTECT platform which also underpins the Baleno and the upcoming Swift. The new Dzire receives significant changes to both its exterior and interiors.
The new Maruti Dzire will be available with two engine options: a 1.2-litre petrol unit and a 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine. The powertrain is paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox, or an AMT gearbox available only on the V-trim and above.
The front profile of the new Dzire features a wider grille with chrome inserts, revised headlamps with LED projectors and DRLs. The front bumper has been redesigned with chrome detailing below foglamp housing.
Inside the cabin of the new Maruti Dzire, the compact sedan retains the dual-tone theme of the outgoing model; however, the layout is completely changed. The new Dzire features flat-bottom steering wheel, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink compatibility and rear AC vents.
The boot of the new Maruti Dzire still is a bit chunky; however it does look a lot more integrated with the rest of the car. The taillamps now comes with a new LED signature design and are connected by a chrome strip.
The steering wheel and the dashboard receives new faux wood inserts, and the rear passengers receive an exclusive A/C vent.
As for the important safety features, the new Maruti Dzire receives anti-lock braking system (ABS) along with driver and front passenger dual airbags. Also, ISOFIX points on the rear seats will be a standard fitment across variants.
The new Maruti Dzire will be offered in six different colour options: Arctic White, Silky Silver, Magma Grey, Gallant Red, Sherwood Brown, and Oxford Blue.
The new Maruti Dzire will compete with the likes of Hyundai Xcent, Tata Tigor, Volkswagen Ameo and Ford Aspire.