- 7 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z H2 SE Globally Unveiled: The Japenese Supercharged Naked Becomes More Serious
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Sales Crosses 1000 Units: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 160 Production To Begin In India: New Paint Scheme Unveiled
- 10 hrs ago Honda Activa 20-Year Anniversary Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 66,816
- Movies KBC 12: Anupa Das Opens Up About Getting The Rs 7 Crore Question Right After Quitting The Game
- Sports India vs Australia | Natarajan added to ODI squad as Saini's back-up; Ishant Sharma ruled out of Test series
- Lifestyle COVID-19: The Full List Of Coronavirus Symptoms
- Finance Wockhardt Jumps 48.2% In 8 Days; Here's Why You Should Stay Away From The Stock
- News Farmers attacked us, we acted with restraint: Haryana Police chief
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
- Technology Airtel, Reliance Jio, Vi Work From Plans That Offer Data Up To 100GB
- Education CSEET Result 2020: ICSI Releases CS Executive Entrance Test CSEET November 2020 Result
The WR-V was launch to rival the best-selling compact SUV Maruti Vitara Brezza in the Indian market, and the interest for the Honda WR-V seems to be encouraging looking at the response.
The Japanese company has sold 9,919 units of the WR-V so far and is expected to cross the 10,000 mark by June 2017. The Honda WR-V has been produced and developed in India with inputs from Honda's R&D team as well. The global launch of the WR-V was in India as also its production.
Honda offers the WR-V in both petrol and diesel model powered by a 1.2-litre i-VTEC and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC powertrain. While the petrol unit churns out 89bhp and 110Nm of torque, the diesel unit develops 99bhp and 200Nm of torque.
The petrol unit comes paired to a 5-speed gearbox, while the diesel unit comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The petrol model offers fuel efficiency of 17.5km/l; the diesel unit offers 25.5km/l of mileage.
Honda has packaged the WR-V will a host of features such as 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with optional Wi-Fi for internet support, cruise control, engine start/ stop button, multifunctional steering wheel and segment-first electric sunroof.
As a standard fitment, the WR-V gets safety features like ABS with EBD and dual airbags at the front.
With the good response for the WR-V, Honda might have a performer in their product lineup in India. However, these are initial days and is to be seen if the same momentum of sales continues for the Honda WR-V.