- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 13 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 15 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 15 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- News Afghanistan: Car Bomb kills at least 50, over 100 injured near girls' school in Kabul
- Sports David Warner and Michael Slater deny scuffle in Maldives report
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Sugar Stocks Could See A Solid Rally
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The WR-V was launch to rival the best-selling compact SUV Maruti Vitara Brezza in the Indian market, and the interest for the Honda WR-V seems to be encouraging looking at the response.
The Japanese company has sold 9,919 units of the WR-V so far and is expected to cross the 10,000 mark by June 2017. The Honda WR-V has been produced and developed in India with inputs from Honda's R&D team as well. The global launch of the WR-V was in India as also its production.
Honda offers the WR-V in both petrol and diesel model powered by a 1.2-litre i-VTEC and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC powertrain. While the petrol unit churns out 89bhp and 110Nm of torque, the diesel unit develops 99bhp and 200Nm of torque.
The petrol unit comes paired to a 5-speed gearbox, while the diesel unit comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The petrol model offers fuel efficiency of 17.5km/l; the diesel unit offers 25.5km/l of mileage.
Honda has packaged the WR-V will a host of features such as 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with optional Wi-Fi for internet support, cruise control, engine start/ stop button, multifunctional steering wheel and segment-first electric sunroof.
As a standard fitment, the WR-V gets safety features like ABS with EBD and dual airbags at the front.
With the good response for the WR-V, Honda might have a performer in their product lineup in India. However, these are initial days and is to be seen if the same momentum of sales continues for the Honda WR-V.