- 3 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 12 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Scania, the Swedish commercial vehicle and diesel engine manufacturer will start production from August in India in their 300-crore manufacturing facility in Narasapura, near Bangalore.
They will be building Metrolink coaches between 13.7 and 14.5 metres in size. They will have 100 percent indigenization of bus body and the chassis will be 30 percent indigenized as well.
Managing Director for Scania India and Scania Group Senior Vice-President, Anders Grundstromer said they are ramping up production in India and they are all set to become the biggest bus manufacturers in the world.
Grundstromer and the companies senior officials handed over the first set of keys to A.Afzal, Managing Director of Parveen Travels for operating between Chennai and Kochi.
The new plant has the capacity to manufacture 1,500 buses initially. The company has plans of selling 150 buses in the first year and 450 buses the second. They also have a target of selling 2,500 trucks and 1,000 buses every year for the next five years.
The Managing Director said they are spreading their wings in India step by step. They are already present in Maharashtra, Kerala and Karnataka. He added saying the company will be entering into Gujarat and Nagpur. Then slowly Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Grundstromer said the present 1% of the premium bus segment would be able to reach 5% in the next five years and 10% by 2024.
The Swedish company which was founded in 1990, has sold 35 busses in India so far.
DON'T MISS: VIDEO OF THE DAY