- 50 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- Movies Eid Mubarak 2020: Mahesh Babu, Chiranjeevi & Other Wish Fans On Eid-Al-Fitr
- News Cyclone Amphan: Kolkata residents continue to stage protest to restore power, water supply
- Sports La Liga boss wants June 11 Seville derby to restart season
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Top two-wheeler news for this week includes a bunch of new motorcycles sitting at either end of the price bracket in the Indian market. While TVS Motor Company gears up for a new product launch. Bajaj and Royal Enfield have increased prices of their select motorcycles in the country. Here are all the details:
Bajaj Platina 100 BS6 Launched With Minor Updates
Bajaj has launched the Platina 100 BS6 motorcycle in the country with prices starting at Rs 47,763, ex-showroom (Delhi). The commuter motorcycle has also seen few updates on its BS6 iterations starting with a cleaner engine.
Speaking about the engine, the Bajaj Platina 100 comes powered by an air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that is now updated to meet BS6 standards and comes with fuel injection. Other changes include a new suspension setup at both ends — here are more details.
2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 BS6 Launched In India
The Kawasaki Ninja 650 BS6 motorcycle has been launched in the Indian market, and retails at a starting price of Rs 6.24 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The middle-weight sports bike features a host of updates over its previous-generation model.
The Ninja 650 comes powered by the same engine that has been updated to meet BS6 emission standards. It produces a maximum power of 68bhp at 8000rpm and a peak torque of 65.7Nm at 6700rpm, mated to a six-speed transmission. To know more about all the changes made to the BS6 Kawasaki Ninja 650 motorcycles — click here.
TVS Trademarked A New Motorcycle In India
TVS Motor Company is gearing up to introduce a new motorcycle in the Indian market. The upcoming motorcycle is trademarked as ‘Ronin' and is expected to go on sale in India sometime early next year.
Although, not many details have been revealed about the upcoming motorcycle, and could be a new adventure motorcycle or a cruiser bike from the brand. This has come to light soon after the Chennai based two-wheeler manufacturer acquired the UK based Norton motorcycles — here are more details.
Royal Enfield Classic 350 & Himalayan Price Increase Announced
Royal Enfield has increased the prices of its iconic Classic 350 and the adventure bike Himalayan BS6 in the Indian market. Both motorcycles receive a slight increase in its prices across all its variants.
After the price increase has been announced, the base-variant Classic 350 with single-channel ABS retails at Rs 1,59,851, while the Himalayan BS6 now retails at a starting price of Rs 1,89,565. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are the complete details.
Bajaj Pulsar Range Receives Price Hike
Like most manufacturers, Bajaj has announced a price increase on its models in the India market. The price increase ranges between Rs 998 and Rs 3,501 depending on models and variants in the brand's line-up.
Models affected by the price increase include the 125 Neon, the 150, the NS160, the 180F, the NS200, the RS200 and the 220F models. Along with the Pulsar range, the company has also increased the price for the Dominar 400 and the Avenger 220 Cruise motorcycles — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Top Two-Wheeler News Of The Week
With the launch of Bajaj Platina 100 and the Kawasaki Ninja 650 models, the Indian motorcycle segment has been added with two important models to its BS6 list of motorcycles in the country. Speaking about the recent price increase on the motorcycles, we believe the reason behind the hike could be the current market situation due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting nation-wide lockdown in India.