- 38 min ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- 15 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 16 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- Movies Preity Zinta Remembers Yash Chopra; Reveals The Filmmaker Never Called Her Preity After Veer-Zaara
- News Indore: Religious places re-open after 6 months
- Sports Why did Mumbai Indians hold back Ishan Kishan in Super Over? Coach Jayawardene has answer
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal’s Little Black Dress Is All You Need To Rock The Saturday Night Party-Perfect Look
- Finance EPS Scheme Certificate Now Available On UMANG App
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: Special Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Chennai based two-wheeler manufacturer, Royal Enfield has increased the prices of its iconic Classic 350 and the adventure bike Himalayan BS6 in the Indian market. The Himalayan BS6 now retails at a starting price of Rs 1,89,565, while the base-variant of the Classic 350 costs Rs 1,59,851. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, Royal Enfield has now increased prices of both models by around Rs 2,700. The base colour Himalayan BS6 now retails at a starting price of Rs 1,89,565, while the Rock Red colour scheme is priced at Rs 1,94,154. Here are all the details about the prices colour-wise:
|Colour variant||Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 latest price||Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 launch price||Price Premium|
|Snow White||Rs 1,89,565||Rs 1,86,811||Rs 2,754|
|Granite Black||Rs 1,89,565||Rs 1,86,811||Rs 2,754|
|Sleet Grey||Rs 1,92,318||Rs 1,89,565||Rs 2,753|
|Gravel Grey||Rs 1,92,318||Rs 1,89,565||Rs 2,753|
|Lake Blue||Rs 1,94,154||Rs 1,91,401||Rs 2,753|
|Rock Red||Rs 1,94,154||Rs 1,91,401||Rs 2,753|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Royal Enfield Classic 350 is sold in two variants: the base variant that features single-channel ABS, and the top-spec trim features dual-channel ABS. The updated prices for both the motorcycles are as follows:
|Model BS6||Colour||Old BS6 Price||New BS6 Price||Price Hike|
|Classic 350 Single-Channel ABS||Chestnut Red, Ash, Mercury Silver, and Redditch Red||Rs 1,57,097||Rs 1,59,851||Rs 2,754|
|Classic 350 Dual-Channel ABS ||Classic Black||Rs 1,65,026||Rs 1,67,780||Rs 2,754|
|Airborne Blue and Stormrider Sand||Rs 1,75,217||Rs 1,77,972||Rs 2,755|
|Gunmetal Grey||Rs 1,78,573||Rs 1,81,327||Rs 2,754|
|Chrome Black and Stealth Black||Rs 1,81,727||Rs 1,84,482||Rs 2,755|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Royal Enfield Classic 350 BS6 is powered by an updated version of the same 346cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. The engine produces 19.8bhp and 28Nm of torque, and comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
Talking about the changes on the Royal Enfield Himalayan, the BS6 models bring a host of colour options, switchable ABS, and hazard lamps as standard. Apart from the cleaner engine and the new colours, the rest of the bike remains the same as the BS4 variant.
The new Himalayan continues to come powered by the same engine which has been updated to meet BS6 standards. The single-cylinder air/oil-cooled, fuel injected 411cc engine produces a maximum power of 24bhp at 6,500rpm, and a peak torque of 32Nm between 4,000rpm to 4,500rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
Other cycle parts include, a 41mm telescopic suspension at the front, with 200mm travel, and a rear monoshock setup, with 180mm travel. Braking on the motorcycle is done via 300mm disc brakes, with two-piston floating calipers at the front, and a 240mm disc brake, with single piston floating calipers at the rear. It also comes equipped with dual channel ABS with a button to switch it off placed on the instrument console.
In related news, the company is also offering attractive discounts on select models in the brand's line up. The offer includes accessories worth Rs 10,000 on every purchase of any new Royal Enfield bikes, including the Himalayan, on bookings made before May 31. Customers looking to purchase Royal Enfield apparel and motorcycle accessories will also get an additional 20 per cent discount — here are more details.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Increasing Prices For The Classic 350 & The Himalayan BS6 Models
The price increase is marginal and will not impact sales of the adventure motorcycle in the Indian market. However, with the new offer announced by Royal Enfield, it compensates for the price increase as well. The Himalayan BS6 is one among the best entry-level adventure motorcycles in the country and has a lot of fans in the country.