- 9 hrs ago Mahindra XUV400 Bookings Commence – Check Out All Details
- 1 day ago 2023 Hyundai Aura SX(O) Top Variant – Check Out All Details
- 1 day ago Mahindra Bolero Neo Limited Edition Launched At Rs 11.50 Lakh – Cheaper Than Top-Spec Variant
- 1 day ago Check Out This Willys-Inspired Mahindra Thar – Collapsible Windscreen, Tube Doors & More
- Sports India vs New Zealand: Shubman Gill to open, Prithvi Shaw will have to wait, confirms Hardik Pandya
- Movies Virat Kohli's Reaction To Crowd Teasing Shubman Gill With Sara Ali Khan's Name Is Unmissable. WATCH Video
- Travel Moidams Of The Ahoms: The Pyramids Of Assam, India All You Need To Know
- News Amit Shah to visit poll-bound Karnataka on Jan 28
- Finance Paytm - How to Check KYC Status?
- Education Final stage of Union Budget 2023-24 commences with Halwa Ceremony
- Technology Here’s Why You Should Skip Apple's Latest M2 Pro Macbook Pro
- Lifestyle Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: How To Support Children With ADHD
Maruti Suzuki unveiled the much-awaited Jimny SUV at the Auto Expo 2023. Apart from that, the Indo-Japanes automaker also opened the bookings for the 4X4 SUV.
That being said, Maruti Suzuki received good response from the audience by managing to bag more than 3,000 bookings for the Jimny SUV within 2 days. However, due to this increased demand, the automaker has now increased the booking amount to Rs 25,000 from Rs 11,000.
This is the highest booking amount for any Maruti Suzuki car under the Nexa roof. In fact, the booking amount for the Maruti Suzuki Fronx SUV continues to be capped at Rs 11,000. We expect this sudden increase in booking amount for the Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV could be initiated to limit bookings.
As such, Maruti Suzuki can avoid longer waiting periods for the Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV and reduce the number of resulting cancellations. It is also worth mentioning that the production of the Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV currently stands at just 1,000 units per month.
However, if the demand for the Maruti Suzuki Jimny increases despite the higher booking amount, it is highly likely that the Indo-Japanese automaker will increase the production of the 4X4 SUV in such a way that the waiting period stays within 3 to 9 months.
Powering the Maruti Suzuki Jimny is a tried-and-test 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, naturally-aspirated K15B engine with 103Bhp of peak power and 134.2Nm of peak torque. On top of that, customers can either opt for a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 4-speed automatic gearbox. Moreover, the Suzuki Jimny comes with a robust 4X4 system with a low-range transfer case.
With the launch of Maruti Suzuki Jimny, the Indo-Japneseautomaker is now catering to the needs of lifestyle buyer in India. That being said, we expect the Jimny SUV to be a very friendly, easy-on-the-pocket off-road SUV with plenty of character. Also, the 5-door layout and sub-4m packaging gives the SUV a big advantage over its immediate rivals.