- 15 hrs ago 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny & Fronx Clock More Than 14,000 Bookings – Waiting Period Shoots Up
- 20 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Bookings Reopen – Updated Diesel Engine, Features & More
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Front Suspension Issue – Official Statement Out
- News PM Modi in Rajasthan today to take part in birth anniversary celebrations of Lord Devnarayan
- Finance 'Sebi' Bans 19 Entities From Securities Mkt For Fraudulent Trading In Superior Finlease Shares
- Sports Athlete turned entrepreneur Diksha Chhillar is bringing new waves of change in sports industry
- Movies Throwback: Priyanka Choudhary Reveals Ankit Gupta’s First Compliment For Her; Says ‘Isne Mujhe Bola Ki….’
- Lifestyle Makeup Tips: How To Fix Cakey Makeup Without Taking It Off?
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
Swedish carmaker Volvo has released teaser images that hint at the exterior design of the upcoming EX90 electric SUV. The Volvo EX90 will be revealed to the world on the 9th of November.
Volvo claims that the design of the EX90 is straightforward and that the upcoming electric SUV has been designed to fulfil a purpose: to be an elegant, efficient fully electric family car, with a higher standard of safety than any Volvo car before it.
Volvo claims that the streamlined design of the upcoming EX90 electric SUV with its sleek and rounded front, combined with elements such as flush front grille and door handles, ensures that air flows uninterrupted towards the rear. This states Volvo has ensured that the upcoming EX90 has a coefficient of drag of just 0.29 - a number considered to be very competitive number for a large, 7-seater SUV.
Speaking about the exterior design of the upcoming EX90, T. Jon Mayer, the head of Exterior Design at Volvo said, "We've taken inspiration from yacht design to outline the Volvo EX90's beautiful and sleek proportions. If you look at the front, it's proud and confident - inspired by a sailboat's ability to shear through the ocean's slamming waves. But it's also rounder overall, which enables the air to flow around the car more efficiently."
As always, the Scandinavian automaker's designers have ensured that practicality and safety don't get in the way of aesthetics. This is best seen with the Lidar sensor that has been integrated into the roof section of the electric SUV. The Volvo EX90 will be the first vehicle from Gothenburg-based carmaker to be offered with Lidar as standard equipment which will help with the electric SUV's autonomous driving capabilities.
Volvo had recently revealed teaser images of the interior and the tech that'll power the cabin of the electric EX90 SUV. The Volvo EX90 will sport a haroizonatal digital driver's display and a much larger, vertically aligned touchscreen unit powered by Google's Android operating system for the infotainment system and controls for major functions like the automatic climate control system.
Volvo hasn't revealed any details as of now about the electric powertrain and battery options for the EX(0 which will be the Swedish carmaker's new flagship vehicle. However, the firm has hinted earlier that the battery pack of the upcoming EX90 will have a capacity in the triple digits. We expect the EX90 to support Volvo's bi-directional charging setup that allows owners to power their homes and appliances with the power from their EVs.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Volvo EX90
The Volvo EX90 seems to be shaping up to be a very practical electric SUV capable of cutting through the air quite nicely while also ensuring those inside stay as safe as possible while also showing off a few Scandinavian design quirks.