- 15 min ago Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic - All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago 2022 Ola S1 Comes With More Range, Top Speed & Features
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- News Monkeypox Outbreak: Asymptomatic infection can be a cause of concern, reveals study
- Sports Ultimate Kho Kho preview: Chennai Quick Guns seek maiden win, Mumbai Khiladis take on Gujarat Giants
- Finance Multibagger Adani Stock Gives 175% Return In 6 Months, In Q1 PAT Increases 17-Fold YoY
- Education Joint CSIR UGC NET June 2022: August 17 Is Last Date To Apply, Hurry Up!
- Lifestyle Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- Movies Sony Entertainment Television Acquires The Rights Of Revered Culinary Reality Show Masterchef India
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
- Technology Xiaomi’s New 32" Budget Smart TV Costs Rs. 16,999: Key Features, Specs & Competition
While Maruti Suzuki is busy gearing up for successive launches in the country, more than a few exciting details about the upcoming new Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback have been leaked online.
The details regarding the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback were shared by automotive enthusiast Rahul Nair. In addition to that, it is being speculated that the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback will be sold alongside the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 as well.
When launched, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback won't be having much in the form of competition in the segment as most entry-level hatchbacks from other manufacturers have been discontinued due to low sales.
At present, the only remaining competition for the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback from another manufacturer is the Renault Kwid. Other competition for the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback is internal competition from models such as Alto 800 and S-Presso.
Though there are a few leaked information confirming that the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback will come with 12 variants, leaked NCT registration documents reveal that the upcoming hatchback will be available in just 11 variants.
According to the leaked NCT registration documents, 6 of these variants will be equipped with the 5-speed manual transmission, whereas the remaining 4 variants will be equipped with the 5-speed AMT unit (AGS).
Also, thanks to all the information surrounding the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback, the new model of the hatchback will be based on the new modular Heartect platform. Thanks to this new platform, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback will be slightly larger than the Alto 800.
This is true, as the leaked specifications from the NCT registration document reveal that the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback measures 3,530mm long, 1,490mm wide, and 1,520mm tall. Also, the wheelbase of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 measures 2,380mm.
Coming to the leaked images, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback now looks more like a design cross between the Alto 800 and the new Celerio hatchback. However, the overall design looks pretty good and looks proportionate.
On the inside, the dashboard seems to be positioned a lot taller and the seating also seems to be taller than the current-generation Alto 800 hatchback. In addition to that, the interior design is completely new.
We expect the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback to come with features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment unit, power adjustable ORVMs, steering mounted controls, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Connectivity and a few more.
The safety features on the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 will be improved to meet today's standards with standard safety features such as ABS, speed-alert buzzer, rear parking sensors and dual front airbags. However, the number of airbags will be increased to 6 numbers from 1st October 2022.
In terms of powertrain, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback will be powered by the same 1.0-litre, naturally-aspirated, 3-cylinder petrol engine as other Maruti Suzuki hatchbacks such as the new Celerio, and Wagon R 1.0. This engine is expected to produce 65.7bhp of peak power at 5,500rpm and 89Nm of torque at 3,500rpm. Also, this engine will come with two gearbox options - a 5-speed manual transmission and a 5-speed AMT unit.
Thoughts About The Launch Of New Maruti Suzuki Alto K10
The launch of the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 will make the entry-level hatchback segment a bit more exciting and it will also give potential customers more options within the same brand itself.