- 24 min ago Great Wall Motors’ India Operations End: Last Few Employees Asked To Leave
- 41 min ago Kia Sales Grow By 60 Per Cent Y-o-Y In June 2022 - Records Highest-Ever Monthly Sales
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Features, Safety, Powertrain, Variants, Warranty, Price & More
- 3 hrs ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- Sports India vs England 5th Test: Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly lead encomiums for Rishabh Pant
- Movies Kapil Sharma's 'Too Much English' In Toronto Will Leave You In Splits; Parmeet Sethi, Bharti & Others React
- Finance Invest In This Multibagger Mid-Cap Stock For 34% Gain, Declaring Dividend For The Last 5 Years
- Technology Flipkart Poco Days Sale: Discount Offers On Poco X4 Pro 5G, POCO M4 Pro 5G, POCO C31, And More
- News Capt Amarinder Singh likely to be NDA's pick for Vice President candidate
- Lifestyle 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
Many car manufacturers in India are trying to bring CNG compatible models to the Indian automobile market and thanks to rising prices of both petrol and diesel, more people are now considering CNG vehicles than ever before.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno CNG
Maruti Suzuki recently updated the Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback in India and the Indo-Japanese automaker is now planning to launch the CNG version of the premium hatchback in the country.
That being said, the newly launched 2022 iteration of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno comes with just one engine option and this engine is a 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine with a mild-hybrid system with DualJet technology.
This engine in standard guise produces 89bhp of peak power and 113Nm of peak torque. Apart from that, the gearbox option now includes a 5-speed AMT gearbox in addition to the 5-speed manual gearbox.
However, expect this engine to produce around 76bhp of peak power and 98Nm of peak torque while running on CNG fuel. Also, the 5-speed manual gearbox will be the sole gearbox option on the CNG variant.
Maruti Suzuki Brezza CNG
Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch the 2022 iteration of the Brezza SUV in India to further improve the overall sales figures. Apart from that, Maruti Suzuki is also working on the CNG version of the Brezza SUV in the country to further improve its market share.
Moreover, the updated version of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza is likely to use the usage the 1.5-litre K15C naturally-aspirated petrol engine. This engine produces 103bhp of peak power and 136.8Nm of torque.
However, we expect the CNG variant to produce slightly lesser power and torque outputs as the CNG variant of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga produces 90.7bhp of peak power and 122Nm of peak torque.
Though the upcoming new Brezza will be offered with both automatic and manual gearbox options, the CNG variant will come with a manual transmission as standard.
Tata Punch CNG
Tata Punch became an instant hit in the Indian automobile market and it is currently the second best selling SUV in the company's product portfolio.
Speaking about Tata Punch, the micro-SUV received a 5-Star safety rating for adult protection by Global-NCAP with a score of 16.45 points out of 17.
Powering the Tata Punch is an updated version of the 1.2L Revotron petrol engine. This engine produces 84.48bhp of peak power and 113Nm of peak torque. Moreover, this engine comes with a choice of either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
However, we expect the CNG version of the Tata Punch to produce somewhere around 73bhp and 95Nm of torque. Also, the 5-speed manual transmission will be the sole gearbox option available with the CNG version of the SUV.
Hyundai Alcazar CNG
Hyundai Alcazar is the 7-seater version of the Hyundai Creta SUV and in a bid to improve its sales, the automaker is planning to launch the CNG version of the SUV in the country.
The Hyundai Alcazar comes with two engine options. The diesel engine is a 1.5-litre turbocharged unit with 113.45bhp of peak power and 250Nm of peak torque.
On the other hand, the petrol engine is a 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated unit with 156.90bhp of peak power and 191Nm of peak torque. This engine is the one that is most likely to get modified to run on both petrol and CNG.
With the CNG fuel, expect the power and torque figures to come down as well. Apart from that, the CNG version of the Hyundai Alcazar will be available with a manual gearbox only.
Kia Carens CNG
The Kia Carens is currently some of the best-selling MPVs in the country with consistent MoM sales figures. However, Kia is gearing up to launch the CNG version of the Carens MPV to further improve sales and keep up with the trends.
While the standard variant of the Kia Carens MPV comes with a choice of three engine options. The CNG version of the Kia Carens MPV will use the 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine with138bhp of power and 242Nm of torque.
However, this engine will produce slightly less power with CNG fuel. Moreover, unlike the petrol-only powertrain that comes with a 7-speed DCT gearbox, the CNG version is likely to sport a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Thoughts About CNG vehicles In India
CNG fuels are a great choice for anyone looking for affordable running costs and vehicles running on CNG emit far fewer pollutants as well. Apart from that, these above-listed cars will also make CNG cars much more desirable than before.