- 19 min ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 5 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 17 hrs ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 18 hrs ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- News Can US defend Taiwan against China ?
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Scuffle Ensues On Day 1 Of The Show Between Nimrit Kaur And Archana Gautam
- Education CSIR-UGC NET June 2022 Answer Key, Response Sheet, Question Paper Out; Challenge Till October 3
- Sports UFC Vegas 61 results and recap: Yan Xiaonan edges out Mackenzie Dern in her first main event
- Finance This Multibagger Stock Is Locked In Upper Circuit For Past 7 Days And Gained The Highest In September
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Toyota has finally launched the much-awaited Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV in India and the prices for the hybrid SUV range start from Rs 15.11 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'S eDrive 2WD HYBRID' variant.
With the launch of the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV, Toyota can now compete in one of the most competitive SUV segments in the country. As a result, the new hybrid SUV can now compete against the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Volkswagen Taigun, Skoda Kushaq, and MG Astor.
Apart from that, the new Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder is available in 7 single-tone and 4 dual-tone exterior colour options.
|V eDrive 2WD HYBRID||₹18,99,000|
|G eDrive 2WD HYBRID||₹17,49,000|
|S eDrive 2WD HYBRID||₹15,11,000|
|V AT 2WD NEO DRIVE||₹17,09,000|
Toyota has launched the Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV in four variants - S eDrive 2WD HYBRID, G eDrive 2WD HYBRID, V eDrive 2WD HYBRID, and V AT 2WD NEO DRIVE. However, Toyota is yet to reveal the prices of the Urban Cruiser Hyrder SUV with the AWD option.
The biggest highlight of the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyrder SUV is that the model comes with hybrid powertrain options only. Though both hybrid engine options use a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine at the core, both IC engines are entirely different.
The first engine option is a mild hybrid unit that has been borrowed from Maruti Suzuki and this powertrain pushes out 100.5bhp and 135Nm of peak torque. The engine is offered with both a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. An AWD layout is also offered with this powertrain setup.
The next powertrain option is a strong hybrid version that uses a more efficient Atkinson Cycle 1.5-litre petrol engine paired with a single electric motor and lithium-ion battery pack. This engine pushes out 87bhp of power and 122Nm of torque, whereas the electric motor produces an additional 79bhp of power and 141Nm of torque. Together, the combined output of this powertrain is rated at 114bhp.
Also, this strong hybrid powertrain is paired with an e-CVT gearbox as standard. Moreover, Toyota even claims that the new Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV equipped with this particular powertrain offers best-in-class mileage of 27.97km/l.
In terms of features, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder hybrid SUV is equipped with features such as a large 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, wireless charging pad, digital instrument cluster, connected car tech, air purifier, ventilated front seats, climate control, panoramic sunroof, powered driver's seat and much more.
Safety-wise, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV comes equipped with safety systems such as 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX anchoring points, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), hill hold & hill descend control, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), a 360-degree surround-view camera and more.
Toyota is known to offer a generous warranty and the new Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV is no exception as the hybrid SUV comes with a 3 years / 1 lakh km warranty as standard. This standard warranty can be further extended to 5 years / 2.2 lakh km if required. It is also worth mentioning that the battery warranty is set at 8 years / 1.6 lakh km.
Thoughts About The New Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder
With the launch of the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV in India, the Japanese automaker stepped up the game by bringing in a hybrid powertrain. We are expecting a very strong sales performance for the SUV in the Indian automobile market.