- 1 hr ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson First Drive Review - Extreme Extroverted Tranquility
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Spotted At Khardung La Within A Week From Its Launch In India
- Lifestyle 10 Exercises That Burn More Calories Than Running
- News 6 held as 2,000 live cartridges recovered in east Delhi ahead of I-Day celebrations, terror angle not ruled ou
- Technology Xiaomi Watch S1 Pro Is Brand's First Watch To Offer Temperature Tracking; Price & Specs
- Sports UAE T20 League: MI Emirates Full Squad -- Pollard, Boult, Bravo to play in International League T20
- Movies Macherla Niyojakavargam Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download
- Finance Buy Stock For 26% Return, Revenue Up of 34% YoY, Board Ready For 150-200bps Margin: Prabhudas Lilladher
- Travel World Elephant Day 2022: Wildlife Destinations for Sighting Elephants in India
- Education Telangana EAMCET Results 2022 is declared: know how to check your TS EAMCET 2022 Results here!
Toyota has made its entry into the highly competitive C-segment SUV category in India with its Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV. However, to be successful, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder must stand out from its rivals.
Speaking about standing out from its rivals, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder is the only SUV in its segment to come with a hybrid powertrain setup. Moreover, it is also the only SUV in its segment to be offered with an all-wheel-drive layout.
However, to be successful in the segment, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder must compete against segment leaders such as Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos. So, let's compare the new Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder with the South Korean C-segment SUVs.
Starting with the dimensions, Toyota knows that size plays a big part when buying an SUV and Toyota has nailed this part. For starters, the new Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV measures 4,365mm long, 1,795mm wide and 1,635mm tall.
This means the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV is 65mm longer than the Hyundai Creta SUV and 50mm longer than the Kia Seltos SUV. Apart from that, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV is 5mm wider than Hyundai Creta.
Meanwhile, the Kia Seltos takes a few points in this category by being the widest car in this comparison at 1,800mm. In terms of height, both the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV and Hyundai Creta measure identical, whereas the Kia Seltos SUV is 15mm shorter at 1,620mm.
However, despite being the longest SUV in this comparison, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV has the shortest wheelbase at 2,600mm - 10mm less than both South Korean SUVs.
|Toyota Hyryder Vs Creta Vs Seltos - Dimensions|
|Length||4,365 mm||4,300 mm||4,315 mm|
|Width||1,795 mm||1,790 mm||1,800 mm|
|Height||1,635 mm||1,635 mm||1,620 mm|
|Wheelbase||2,600 mm||2,610 mm||2,610 mm|
As mentioned, Toyota does stand out in this category with its hybrid powertrain options. While both engine options in the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder are hybrid units, one of the powertrains is a mild-hybrid unit. This mild-hybrid powertrain is a 1.5-litre unit with 101.6bhp of peak power and this engine can be specified with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission. Moreover, this powertrain also comes with an optional all-wheel-drive layout.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre hybrid powertrain produces a bit more peak power at 114.5bhp and comes exclusively mated to an eCVT gearbox.
|Toyota Hyryder Vs Creta Vs Seltos - Engine (Petrol)|
|Engine Size||1.5L MH / 1.5L SH||1.5L Petrol / 1.4 Petrol||1.5L Petrol / 1.4 Petrol|
|Power||103 PS / 115 PS||115 PS / 140 PS||115 PS / 140 PS|
|Torque||135 Nm / 141 Nm||144 Nm / 242 Nm||144 Nm / 242 Nm|
|Transmission||5-speed MT, 6-speed AT / CVT||6-speed MT, CVT / 7-speed DCT||6-speed MT, CVT / 6-speed MT, 7-speed DCT|
|Drive||FWD / 4WD||FWD||FWD|
In comparison, the Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos sport similar engine and gearbox options. The base engine is a 1.5-litre naturally-spirated petrol engine with 113bhp of peak power and 144Nm of peak torque, whereas the more powerful 1.4-litre turbocharged unit puts out 138bhp of peak power and 242Nm of peak torque. The last engine option is the 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel unit with 113bhp of peak power and 250Nm of peak torque.
Moreover, the South Korean automakers offer 5 gearbox options. This includes a 6-speed manual transmission, a 6-speed iMT, CVT, 6-speed AT, and 7-speed DCT.
Thoughts About Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder
Though the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder does stand out from its rivals with its hybrid powertrain, the SUV lacks the powerful engine choices of its rivals. However, the Japanese SUV counters with more efficiency, larger size, and a future-proof hybris powertrain setup.