- Sports SRH vs PBKS IPL 2022: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights, Score
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Actor Karan Mehra Accuses Estranged Wife Nisha Rawal Of Having Extramarital Affair
- News Rain to bring respite to northwest India, intensity to peak tomorrow: IMD
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk Of Tongue Cancer
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Toyota has yet again expanded its Fortuner lineup in India by launching the Fortuner GR-S variant. The new variant of the Fortuner is priced at Rs 48.43 lakh (ex-showroom), which is around Rs 3.8 lakh more than the 4WD variant of the Fortuner Legender SUV.
The latest variant of the Toyota Fortuner features both mechanical and cosmetic upgrades over other variants of the Toyota Fortuner, and unlike other variants of the Toyota Fortuner, the newly launched GR-S variant of the Toyota Fortuner is available solely with a 4WD drivetrain and an automatic gearbox.
Moreover, the newly launched Toyota Fortuner GR-S variant is exclusively available in just two exterior colour options - Attitude Black and White Pearl Crystal.
In terms of design, the newly launched Toyota Fortuner GR-S gets a new redesigned front bumper with a more aggressive-looking air dam and fog lamp housing. In addition to this, the frontend also sports a 'GR' badging to further differentiate the model from standard variants.
The sides also feature new alloy wheels with a darker shade instead of a dual-tone finish. To further accentuate the sportiness, the Toyota Fortuner GR-S also features red brake calipers with the 'GR' logo.
Moreover, the rear of the new Toyota Fortuner GR-S variant also features a redesigned rear bumper with more aggressive styling. Also, the rear tail lamps are bridged by a body-coloured trim.
Moving inside the new Toyota Fortuner GR-S, the new variant features more than a few cosmetic changes to induce a sportier look. These changes include black leather seats, suede upholstery with red stitchings, and plenty of 'GR' logos. In addition to these cosmetic changes, the centre console and the instrument panel also gets a different trim finish.
In terms of features, the feature list of the newly launched Toyota Fortuner GR-S looks almost similar to the feature list of the Toyota Legender with the inclusion of features such as a large 8-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, connected car tech, JBL audio system, gesture control electrical tailgate, traction control (TC), stability control, 7 airbags and many more.
Though the powertrain of the newly launched Toyota Fortuner GR-S variant remains identical to other variants of the Toyota Fortuner with its tried-and-tested 2.8-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine.
This engine puts out a very respectable 201bhp of peak power at 3,000-3,400rpm and 500Nm of peak torque between 1,600-2,800rpm. As mentioned earlier, this engine in the Toyota Fortuner GR-S comes solely mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts About Toyota Fortuner GR-S
With the launch of the Toyota Fortuner GR-S variant, the Japanese automaker has yet again expanded the Fortuner SUV range in India. Apart from that, the new variant will also attract new customers to Toyota showrooms across India.