- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Sales Report (November 2022) - Sales Up By 14.26%
- 3 hrs ago Upcoming Electric Scooters & Motorcycles In India – Future Sure Looks Electrifying
- 6 hrs ago Mercedes GLB Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 63.8 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Top 5 Upcoming CNG Cars In India – Brezza, Carens, & More
- News Will support my friend PM Modi during India's G20 presidency: Joe Biden
- Movies ‘Audition Toh Formality Thi’ When Karan Johar Confessed He Had Already Decided To Cast Varun, Sid For SOTY
- Lifestyle Goddess Varahi: Know About The Iconography, Rituals, Legends And Benefits Of Worshipping Her
- Finance Stock To Buy: Brokerage Bullish On Multibagger Large Cap Tata Stock, Target Price Rs 1670
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
- Sports ONE 164: The 3 biggest underdogs with everything to fight for in final ONE championship event of 2022
- Education IIT Placements 2022: 30 students bag packages over Rs 1 cr
- Travel What Are Scandinavian And Nordic Countries: Know Complete Explanation
In recent times, Toyota has been selling rebadged Maruti Suzuki cars in India. Moreover, this strategy has been quite positive for the Japanese automaker with decent MoM sales figures for the rebadged cars.
While Toyota recently removed the Urban Cruiser SUV (rebadged Marut Suzuki Brezza) from its website, Toyota has launched the CNG variant of the Glanza hatchback (rebadged Maruti Suzuki Baleno) in the country following the launch of the CNG variant of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback.
So, with the launch of the Toyota Glanza E-CNG, the Japanese automaker marks its entry into the growing CNG segment in India. As such, here are the top 5 things about the newly launched Toyota Glanza E-CNG.
Variants & Price
The newly launched Toyota Glanza S-CNG premium hatchback is available in two variants - G, and S. In which the base 'G' variant is priced at Rs 8.43 lakh (ex-showroom, India), whereas the 'S' variant of the CNG hatchback is priced at Rs 9.46 lakh (ex-showroom, India). This means both CNG variants of the newly launched Glanza hatchback are priced at Rs 15,000 and Rs 25,000 more than the two CNG variants of the newly launched Baleno CNG hatchback.
Engine & Gearbox
In terms of powertrain, the Toyota Glanza E-CNG premium hatchback is powered by the same 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder, naturally-aspirated CNG-compatible engine that powers the Maruti Suzuki Baleno S-CNG model. This engine produces 76bhp of peak power and 98.5Nm of peak torque while running on CNG fuel, whereas using petrol as fuel, this engine is capable of producing a much healthier 89bhp of peak power and 113Nm of peak torque.
However, unlike the standard variants of the Glanza hatchback, the CNG variants of the premium hatchback comes exclusively mated to a 5-speed manual transmission - Much like the CNG variants of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback.
The standard petrol-powered variant of the Toyota Glanza hatchback equipped with the 5-speed manual transmission comes with an ARAI-rated fuel efficiency figure of 22.35km/l. In comparison, the newly launched CNG variant of the Toyota Glanza E-CNG hatchback is claimed to deliver a fuel efficiency figure of 30.61km/kg of CNG fuel.
In terms of features, the newly launched Toyota Glanza E-CNG premium hatchback comes with plenty of features. This includes features such as LED projector headlamps, a large 7.0-inch infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, OTA updates, a start/stop button, power windows, voice assistance, connected car tech, electrically adjustable ORVMs, and much more.
Moreover, the Glanza S-CNG comes equipped with a long list of safety features. This includes safety features such as 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability program (ESP), ISOFIX seats, hill-hold assist, rear-view camera with guidelines, rear parking sensors and much more.
Thoughts About The Newly Launched Toyota Glanza E-CNG Premium Hatchback
With the launch of the CNG variant of the Toyota Glanza hatchback, the Japanese automaker is looking forward to further boosting its sales figure in India. In addition to that, this latest launch marks the company's foray into the CNG segment in India.