- 9 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Last year the Japanese brand launched the Nissan Magnite in India and the sub-4m SUV could be credited for single-handedly turning the sales tides in Nissan's favour. Since, its launch in December 2020, the sub-4m SUV has created a lot of buzz in the automotive market as well as attracted far more footprints to Nissan retail outlets across India.
Nissan India also partnered with Kapil Dev to promote the Virtual Trophy Tour of ICC Men's T20 World Cup via the Instagram AR filter and the duo also launched an integrated general awareness and safety campaign to educate and empower the country against the COVID-19 virus.
Nissan further boosted the sales and popularity of their sub-4m SUV by making the Nissan Magnite SUV the official car of ICC Men's T20 World Cup.
Apart from that, Nissan India witnessed a year-on-year growth of 159 per cent in December 2021 and the Nissan Magnite SUV crossed 77,000+ bookings since its launch in the country despite the ongoing pandemic conditions.
From the front, the Nissan Magnite looks quite contemporary and stylish with its slim LED headlamps and 'J' shaped LED DRLs. Moving to the sides, the Nissan Magnite SUV looks very well proportioned.
Also, the black claddings and diamond-cut alloy wheels add a sense of ruggedness, whereas the rear spoiler adds a bit of a sporty character to the SUV.
Unlike most sub-4m SUVs in the market, the rear of the Nissan magnite does not seem compromised in anyways. Overall, designers at Nissan have done a commendable job.
The Nissan Magnite SUV is one of the most feature-rich SUVs currently in the market and it comes with features such as an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, Push button start, Smart key, Auto AC, rear AC vents, Cruise control, Wireless phone charger, Air purifier and many more.
Apart from that, the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can be operated wirelessly. This feature along with the wireless charger makes the interior free of any dangling wires.
The Nissan Magnite SUV can be optioned with two engine options. The base engine is a 72bhp 1.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine with 96Nm of torque. While this engine may seem underpowered for an SUV, the light kerb weight of the Nissan Magnite ensures decent performance.
The 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine on the other hand produces 98.6bhp and 160Nm of torque (152Nm of torque in CVT gearbox variant). Gearbox options include 5-speed manual transmission or a silky-smooth CVT.
Nissan Magnite is built on the CMF-A+ platform that underpins the Renault Triber and the platform is a derivative of the CMF-A platform that underpins the Renault Kwid.
Despite the compact dimensions, the Nissan Magnite offers a roomy interior and comes with a 336-litre boot. According to Nissan, the boot space can be further increased to 690-litres by folding the 60:40 split rear seats. Apart from that, the compact SUV also comes with 205mm ground clearance.
The Nissan Magnite is equipped with dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, ISOFIX child seat mounts and many more. The top-end variant gets even more features such as a 360-degree camera, tyre pressure monitor and a few more. Nissan Magnite SUV equipped with the 1.0-litre turbocharged engine gets a few extra safety features such as brake assist, traction control, stability control and hill start assist.
Though the Nissan Magnite SUV is the lightest vehicle in its class, the Nissan Magnite scored an impressive four-star safety rating at the ASEAN NCAP crash testing.
Thoughts About Nissan Magnite
Nissan Magnite has been a game-changer for Nissan in India. Moreover, the Japanese SUV offers a spacious and feature-packed interior, decent powertrains, and comes with an attractive price tag of Rs 5.76 lakh (ex-showroom, India).