- 5 hrs ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- 22 hrs ago Hyundai Confirms Ioniq 5 EV To Be Equipped With Level 2 ADAS – Comes With Front & Rear Radars
- 1 day ago Honda Cars December 2022 Offers – Benefits & Discounts More Than Rs 70,00
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Discounts – Save Big Money Before Jan 2023 Price Hike
- News Freedom of religion does not include right to convert people: Gujarat tells SC
- Movies Official: Kannada Actor Shiva Rajkumar to appear in a cameo For Dhanush In Captain Miller!
- Finance Tax Department Reduces Time For Taxmen, To Decide On Refund Sdjustment
- Education CAT Answer Key: The objection window will be closing today; Check Details Here
- Sports UFC Orlando 2022 results and recap: Stephen Thompson earns career-defining win over Kevin Holland
- Lifestyle 7 Reasons Why You Have Excessive Belly Fat!
- Technology Oppo Find N2 Flip Digital Render Surfaces After A Leaked Video
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the CNG version of the Alto K10 hatchback in India.
This makes the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 S-CNG the 13th CNG-powered model under the Indo-Japanese automaker's lineup of cars.
Since the launch of the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 S-CNG will be an attractive proposition for many car buyers in India, here are the top 5 things about the newly launched CNG-powered hatchback that you should know about before making your buying decision.
Price & Variants
Unlike the standard variant of the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback, the CNG version of the Alto K10 hatchback is available in just one variant - VXi. Moreover, the CNG variant of the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is priced at Rs 5.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) - Which is Rs 95,000 more than the petrol-powered Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 VXi hatchback.
Engine & Gearbox
The newly launched Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 S-CNG is powered by the tried-and-tested 1.0-litre, naturally-aspirated, K10C series engine. This engine with the CNG fuel pushes out 56bhp of peak power at 5,300rpm and 82.1Nm of peak torque at 3,400 rpm.
In comparison, the same engine puts out 64.3bhp of peak power and 89Nm of peak torque while emptying the petrol tank. On top of that, the new Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 S-CNG model comes exclusively with a 5-speed manual transmission.
At present, petrol prices in the country hover at 3-digit price. As such, the demand for CNG-powered cars have increased throughout the country as the CNG fuel is not only more affordable but CNG-powered cars also offer better fuel efficiency as well.
While the standard petrol-powered Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 delivers a mileage of 24.9km/l, the CNG-powered iteration of the hatchback can do a much more impressive 33.85km/kg.
Since the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 S-CNG hatchback is available only in the mid-spec 'VXi' trim level, the hatchback comes equipped with features such as a basic audio system with 2 speakers and connectivity features such as FM, Aux, USB port, and Bluetooth.
In addition to that, the model comes with features such as a digital speedometer, front power windows, internally adjustable ORVMs, a Remote fuel lid opener, air conditioning with heater, a roof antenna and much more.
In terms of safety features, the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 S-CNG hatchback comes with safety systems such as an engine immobiliser, ABS with EBD, Dual Airbags, central door locking, rear seat belts, impact sensing door unlock and much more. Additionally, the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback is built on the new HEARTECT platform as well.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 S-CNG
With the launch of the CNG version of the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback, the Indo-Japanese automaker is looking forward to further increasing its market share in the CNG segment. Furthermore, we expect the Alto K10 S-CNG hatchback to be a very exciting proposition for many urban car buyers due to its very affordable running costs.