- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG Launched At Rs 7.77 Lakh - Most Powerful CNG Hatchback In India
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic Unveiled - Gets More Kit
- 16 hrs ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- Finance Buy This Tata Group Stock For A Dividend Yield Of 4.65%, Company Is Repaying Debt
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14: Satyanarayana Subbaraya Wasn’t Able To Answer THIS Rs 50 Lakh Question, Can You?
- News Salman Rushdie "alive" after attack | Top points
- Sports K1000 Rally: Aishwarya Pissay, the cynosure of all eyes
- Technology Microsoft Lays Off 2,000 Employees In Just Two Months; Find Out Why
- Education MAH CET MBA/MMS 2022 Admit Card Released: Download Hall Tickets From cetcell.mahacet.org
- Travel Sakrebailu Elephant Camp Shimoga Timings, Ticket Fee, Attractions and How to Reach
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor Khan: Bollywood Guide To Maternity Fashion
Mahindra XUV700 continues to dominate the segment with its consistent sales. Moreover, we expect the recently launched Mahindra Scorpio N SUV to soon join this list. Now, here's the sales break up of mid-size SUVs for the month of June 2022.
Mahindra XUV700 (6,022 units)
The Mahindra XUV700 has been a runaway success story in India. The SUV offers almost everything you want from a mid-size SUV such as space for 7 adults, and future-proof technology. In addition to that, the SUV also comes with punchy powertrain options.
Thanks to a combination of all these characteristics, Mahindra sold 6,022 units of XUV700 in June 2022, which is around 18 per cent more than what the company managed to sell in May 2022 as the sales numbers stood at 5,069 units.
However, these numbers could go much higher if Mahindra could increase the production of the SUV.
|Rank||Mid-size SUV / UV||Jun-22||Jun-21||Growth (%) YoY|
Tata Harrier (3,015 units)
The Tata Harrier SUV played a very crucial role in improving the brand image of Tata Motors as a result it is a very important mid-size SUV in the company's product portfolio. Moreover, the Tata Harrier has been a very successful SUV in the country by churning consistent sales figures every month since its launch.
In terms of sales figures, Tata Motors sold 3,015 units of Harrier SUV in June 2022. As a result, YoY sales figures improved by 47 per cent, whereas MoM sales improved by almost 8 per cent.
MG Hector & MG Hector Plus (2,402 units)
As we know, the success of the MG Hector SUV laid the foundation for the Chinese-owned British automaker in India. When launched, the MG Hector SUV came with features that were previously not seen in any other cars. In addition to that, MG Hector SUV has been consistently performing for the company since its launch.
To further expand sales, MG also launched the 7-seater version of the SUV called the MG Hector Plus. Together, both the MG Hector and MG Hector Plus sold a total of 2,402 units in June 2022. Though YoY figures fell by almost 20 per cent, MoM sales were strong with 47 per cent growth.
Hyundai Alcazar(1,986 units)
The Hyundai Alcazar is the result of Hyundai trying to increase its overall sales figures using the Hyundai Creta platform by offering a 7-seater variant of the SUV. However, the Alcazar is not just a 7-seater Creta as the SUV feels a lot more premium.
Since its launch, the Hyundai Alcazar SUV has been performing pretty decent in the market until the arrival of Kia Carens. As a result, YoY sales fell by 36 per cent, whereas MoM sales gained by 2 per cent. Now, sales figures stand at 1,986 units in June 2022.
Tata Safari (1,869 units)
The Tata Safari is the flagship product of Tata Motors in India and it is the 7-seater version of the Tata Harrier. Like the Tata Harrier, the Tata Safari has also been a consistent performer for Tata Motors.
In June 2022, Tata Motors sold 1,869 units of Safari SUV in India, resulting in an MoM sales decline of more than 16 per cent. However, YoY figures are up by 8 per cent as the company sold 139 units more compared to May 2022.
Thoughts About Mid-Size SUV Sales In India
The mid-size SUV segment in India is heating up more than we imagined with the launch of the Mahindra Scorpio N SUV. Though the segment doesn't create any record-breaking sales figures, the segment itself is very competitive with multiple manufacturers competing with top-notch models.