- 8 hrs ago Hyundai Confirms Ioniq 5 EV To Be Equipped With Level 2 ADAS – Comes With Front & Rear Radars
- 12 hrs ago Honda Cars December 2022 Offers – Benefits & Discounts More Than Rs 70,00
- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Discounts – Save Big Money Before Jan 2023 Price Hike
- 16 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Hike Prices From January 2023 – Sales Figures Likely To Decline
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Argentina vs Australia: Messi scores as Argentina win 2-1 and qualify for quarterfinals
- News MCD Elections 2022: Stage set for high-stakes civic polls; 1.45 cr electors eligible to vote
- Movies Throwback: When Deepika Padukone Said No To Cameos But Broke Her Stance For Hubby Ranveer Singh's Cirkus!
- Lifestyle Do You Walk Every Day? Here Are 10 Common Walking Mistakes To Avoid
- Finance RBI Digital Rupee- How to Avail and Use e-Rupee?
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
- Education Around 3,000 Agniveers have joined Indian Navy
- Technology Twitter Restores Pranay Pathole's Account: Did Elon Musk Intervene?
In a bid to further expand its business in the premium segment, Jeep has launched the Grand Cherokee SUV in India. As such, here are the top 10 things about the newly launched Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV.
Since the newly launched Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV is being imported to India via the CKD route (assembled at Jeep's facility in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra), Jeep has been able to price its premium SUV competitively at Rs 77.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Coming to the powertrain system, the newly launched Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV comes packed with a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine. This engine produces a healthy 268.28bhp of peak power and 400Nm of peak torque.
To efficiently channel the power to all four wheels, the newly launched Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV comes with a Quadra-Trac 4x4 system with multiple terrain modes and an 8-speed automatic transmission.
In terms of features, the newly launched Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV comes packed with features such as a 10.1-inch Uconnect 5 infotainment system, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, a large 10-inch heads-up display, digital rearview mirror, first-in-segment 10.25-inch co-passenger display, 8-way adjustable front seats, heated and ventilated seats on both first and second row, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, electric tailgate and much more.
Jeep claims that the new Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV comes packed with 110 advanced safety and security features and some of the most noticeable ones include 8 airbags, a 360-degree surround view camera, drowsiness detection, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), electronic stability program (ESP), traction control (TC) and more.
Diving into details, the above-mentioned ADAS includes active safety features such as auto emergency braking, forward collision warning, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assistance and much more.
The new Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV measures 4,915mm long, 1,979mm wide and 1,816mm tall. On top of that, the premium American SUV also sports a wheelbase of 2,964mm. Other than that, the Jeep Grand Cherokee comes with a wheelbase of 215mm and the company claims that the SUV can wade through water as deep as 533mm.
Coming to the design front, the new Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV sports the company's new design language and the SUV does look very neat in pictures. Moreover, design elements such as the iconic 7-slat grille, chunky squared-off wheel arches, attractive-looking alloy wheels, integrated roof spoiler and a few more bits add a lot of character to the SUV.
Overall, the newly launched Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV features a very unique design and looks very distinct from the current crop of premium luxury SUVs from Europe.
The interior of the newly launched Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV feels very premium with its layered dashboard design and premium matte wood inserts on the dashboard. On top of that, the trio of screens on the dashboard further uplifts the cabin.
Bookings & Deliveries
While the bookings for the newly launched Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV have already commenced in the country, the deliveries are yet to begin. However, we expect the deliveries of the Grand Cherokee SUV to commence before the end of this month.
In India, the newly launched Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV competes against the likes of other premium SUVs such as the Jaguar F-Pace, BMW X5, Audi Q7, Mercedes-Benz GLE, Range Rover Velar, and Volvo XC90.
Out of all these models, only the Volvo XC90 and the Audi Q7 come with a 7-seat layout, whereas all other models offer seating for just 5 adults.
Thoughts About The New Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV In India
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a 5-seater premium SUV and we expect the model to compete well against its established rivals from Europe. Also, the price advantage held by the Jeep Grand Cherokee will be an added bonus for many of its customers.