- 9 hrs ago Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 24 hrs ago Force Urbania Bookings Open – Limited Dealers Authorised To Accept Bookings
- 24 hrs ago Car That Inspired Time Travelling Delorean Set To Return - Getting Back To The Future
- 1 day ago Bollywood Actor Ram Kapoor Adds Ferrari Portofino M To His Exotic Collection
- Movies Gashmeer Mahajani Opens Up About Starring In Nushrratt Bharuccha’s Chhorii 2: I Was On Board Within 10 Minutes
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Wayne Rooney names the player England must start in the next game
- News We asked Congress govt to target terrorism, instead they targeted me: PM Modi in Gujarat
- Lifestyle Signs That You Are Too Emotionally Dependent On Your Partner
- Finance Top Brokerages Suggests Accumulate Two Multibagger Large Cap & Small Cap Stocks For High Returns
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki continued its dominance of the popular hatchback segment in October 2022. A total of 1,21,964 hatchbacks were sold in India last month.
October 2022 saw the Maruti Suzuki badge affixed to six of the top 10 hatchbacks sold. Let's take a look at the top 10 best-selling hatchbacks from last month...
1) Maruti Suzuki Alto - 21,260 Units
The Maruti Suzuki Alto was once again the king of the sales charts with 21,260 units. Sales of the Alto were up by 22.26 per cent compared to October 2021, rising by 22.26 per cent Y-o-Y or 3,871 units.
2) Maruti Suzuki WagonR - 17,945 Units
Maruti's WagonR was the nation's second best-selling hatchback (and overall passenger vehicle) with 17,945 units of the tall-boy hatchback reaching new homes last month. WagonR sales rose by 45.48 per cent Y-o-Y (5,610 units) compared to the 12,335 units sold in the 10th month of 2021.
3) Maruti Suzuki Swift - 17,231 Units
The Maruti Suzuki Swift slotted into third with the nation's largest carmaker selling 17,231 units of the hatchback last month. Y-o-Y sales of the Swift were up by 8,051 units or 87.70 per cent compared to October 2021's 9,180 units.
4) Maruti Suzuki Baleno - 17,149 Units
The Baleno premium hatchback is the fourth Maruti Suzuki on this list. Maruti sold 17,149 units of the Baleno last month which was up by 10.12 per cent or 1,576 units compared to the same period last year. 15,573 units of the Baleno were sold in October 2021.
5) Hyundai Grand i10 Nios - 8,855 Units
Hyundai's i10 Nios is the first non-Maruti car to make this list with the South Korean carmaker selling 8,855 units of the hatch in October 2022. Sales of the i10 Nios rose by 46.56 per cent Y-o-Y or 2,813 units compared to October 2021's 6,042 units.
6) Hyundai i20 - 7,814 Units
Hyundai sold 7,814 units of the i20, its premium hatchback for the Indian market, in October 2022. Y-o-Y sales of the i20 were up by 77.03 per cent or 3,400 units compared to the 4,414 units sold in October 2021.
7) Tata Tiago - 7,187 Units
Tata sold 7,187 units of its entry-level hatchback in October 2022 which allowed it to claim the 7th spot on this list. Y-o-Y sales of the Tata Tiago were up by 77.90 per cent or 3,147 units compared to the 4,040 units sold in October 2021.
8) Tata Altroz - 4,770 Units
Tata sold 4,770 units of its Altroz premium hatchback last month. Y-o-Y sales of the Altroz were down by 6.98 per cent or 358 units compared to the 5,128 units sold by Tata in October 2021.
9) Maruti Suzuki Ignis - 4,743 Units
Maruti Suzuki sold 4,743 units of the Ignis hatchback in October 2022 allowing it to claim the 9th spot on our list. Y-o-Y sales of the Ignis hatch rose by 210.81 per cent or 3,217 units compared to the 1,526 units sold by Maruti Suzuki in October 2021.
10) Maruti Suzuki Celerio - 4,296 Units
Maruti Suzuki's Celerio found 4,296 new homes last month. Sales of the Maruti Celerio rose by 114.91 per cent or 2,297 units compared to the 1,999 units sold in October 2021.
Thoughts About The Top 10 Hatchbacks From October 2022
Maruti Suzuki once again dominates the hatchback market accounting for six out of the top 10 cars sold of the type that it does best with. Hyundai and Tata also did quite well but will have to really up their game to take on Maruti's higher-ranked hatches in the sales charts.