- 1 hr ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson First Drive Review - Extreme Extroverted Tranquility
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Spotted At Khardung La Within A Week From Its Launch In India
- News 6 held as 2,000 live cartridges recovered in east Delhi ahead of I-Day celebrations, terror angle not ruled ou
- Technology Xiaomi Watch S1 Pro Is Brand's First Watch To Offer Temperature Tracking; Price & Specs
- Sports UAE T20 League: MI Emirates Full Squad -- Pollard, Boult, Bravo to play in International League T20
- Movies Macherla Niyojakavargam Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download
- Finance Buy Stock For 26% Return, Revenue Up of 34% YoY, Board Ready For 150-200bps Margin: Prabhudas Lilladher
- Travel World Elephant Day 2022: Wildlife Destinations for Sighting Elephants in India
- Education Telangana EAMCET Results 2022 is declared: know how to check your TS EAMCET 2022 Results here!
- Lifestyle Expert Article On Tooth Jewellery And Tooth Tattoos
India's sedan market grew in June 2022 in terms of both Y-o-Y and M-o-M metrics. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire continued to reign supreme while the Tata Tigor pipped the Hyundai Aura to 2nd place.
In June 2022, Indian car buyers purchased a total of 36,455 sedans which was a 47.83 per cent (11,795 unit) gain over the same period last year when 24,660 sedans hit the roads. The sedan market also grew in terms of Month-over-Month metrics with segment growing by 9.48 per cent (3,158 units) compared to May 2022 when 33,297 sedans were sold.
So let's take a look at the Top 10 bestselling sedans from June 2022...
1) Maruti Suzuki Dzire - 12,597 Units
THe Maruti Suzuki Dzire continues to the most popular sedan sold in India accounting for 1 in every 3 sedans sold last month. Dzire sales were down by 42 units (0.33 per cent) compared to June 2021 when Maruti sold 12,639 units of the sedan. However, M-o-M metrics were up by 994 units (8.57 per cent) compared to May 2022's sales figures of 11,603 units.
2) Tata Tigor - 4,931 Units
Tata's Tigor reached 4,931 new customers in June 2022 which was a massive growth of 358.27 per cent (3,855) units compared to the same period last when just 1,076 units of the sedan hit the streets. M-o-M metrics were also in the black rising by 956 units (24.05 per cent) compared to May 2022's 3,975 units.
3) Hyundai Aura - 4,102 Units
The Hyundai Aura captured the third spot in this list with sales of the South Korean sedan rising by 31.22 per cent (976 units) compared to June 2021. Aura sales rose by 23.89 per cent (791 units) compared to May when Hyundai sold 3,311 units of the sedan.
4) Honda Amaze - 3,350 Units
Honda compact sedan offering - Amaze - occupies the 4th spot with 3,350 units sold in June 2022. Y-o-Y sales were up by 125.29 per cent (1,863 units) compared to June 2021's 1,487 units. M-o-M numbers were in the red with sales dropping by 359 units (9.68 per cent) compared to May's 3,709 units.
5) Honda City - 3,292 Units
Honda recently introduced a hybrid version of the City which took the price of the sedan to the Rs 20 lakh (ex-showroom) mark. City sales in June 2022 were up by 721 units (28.04 per cent) compared to the 2,571 units sold over the same period last year. M-o-M metrics were down by 336 units (9.26 per cent) compared to May when 3,628 sedans sold.
The Other 5
In sixth and seventh are the two latest sedans from the Volkswagen group in the form of the Skoda Slavia and the VW Virtus. Skoda sold 2,765 Slavia sedans in June which was 299 units more than what they sold in the preceding month.
Volkswagen, on the other hand, sold 1,850 units of the Virtus sedan last month which was down 327 units compared to May 2022's 2,177 units.
Coming in eighth spot was the Verna, with Hyundai selling 1,703 units of the sedan last month. Yo-o-Y metrics were down by 21.92 per cent (478 units compared to June 2021 (2,181 units) while M-o-M metrics were up by 14.45 per cent (215 units) compared to May 2022's 1,488 units.
In 9th spot was the Ciaz, with Maruti Suzuki selling 1,507 units of the sedan in June 2022. Y-o-Y sales of the Ciaz were up by 905 units (150.33 per cent) compared to June 2021's 602 units. M-o-M metrics were also in the black with sales of the Ciaz rising by 921 units (157.17 per cent) compared to May 2022's 586 units.
Rounding off this Top 10 list was the Skoda Superb with the Czech carmaker selling 139 units of its flagship sedan last month. Sales of the Superb were up by 22 units (18.80 per cent) compared to June 2021's 117 units. However, month numbers were down by 13 units (8.55 per cent) compared to May's 152 units.
|Rank||Sedan||Jun-22||Jun-21||Growth (%) YoY|
|Rank||Sedan||Jun-22||May-22||Growth (%) MoM|