- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Offering Discounts Up To Rs 1 Lakh – XUV300, Thar, Bolero & More
- 17 hrs ago Honda Almost Becomes Largest Two-Wheeler Manufacturer In India – Hero Sales Plummet
- 19 hrs ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 21 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Brazil vs South Korea: Brazil dismantle Korea to win 4-1 and qualify for quarterfinals
- News Gujarat Election 2022: 2nd phase polling concludes with over 61% voter turnout
- Movies KBC 14: Amitabh Bachchan Calls Kajol A 'Liar' After She Says She Is Scared Of Him: Jhooth Bolna Inko Aata Hai
- Finance Stock To Buy: This 2022 Listed Midcap Stock Grew 37.4% Since Listing, Buy For Further 24% Upside
- Travel Ever Seen an Entire Flight Booked for A Wedding? Here it is!
- Education MBA student bags a 50-lakh package with Microsoft
- Lifestyle Why Is Lord Rama Known As Maryada Purushottam? 16 Reasons
- Technology Vivo Y02 Launched In India: Can It Be A Good Budget Device In India?
Tata Motors has officially teased the upcoming Tata Tiago NRG i-CNG hatchback in India with an aim to further increase its market share in the CNG segment.
Having said that, the CNG version of the Tata Tiago is priced Rs 90,000 more than the petrol-only version of the hatchback. As such, we expect the upcoming Tata Tiago NRG i-CNG to be priced somewhere around Rs 7.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The launch of the CNG iteration of the Tiago NRG seems quite sensible considering the demand for Tata Tiago NRG and Tata Tiago i-CNG hatchbacks in the country, especially the latter more than met the automaker's high expectations with consistent sales figures in tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
Since the low running cost of the CNG vehicle attract many car buyers, having the CNG version of the Tata Tiago NRG will attract even more customers to the Tata dealerships across the country.
Also, with the ever-tightening emission regulations in metro cities, opting for the CNG variants makes even more sense as these vehicles produce far fewer pollutants and are highly unlikely to be banned anytime soon.
In terms of powertrain, the CNG variant of the Tata Tiago NRG will sport the same tried-and-tested, 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated engine as the Tata Tiago CNG. This engine produces 84.82bhp of peak power and 113Nm of peak torque using petrol as fuel. However, with the CNG, this engine produces slightly lower power and torque outputs at 73bhp of power and 95Nm of torque.
Also, like the Tata Tiago i-CNG, the upcoming Tata Tiago NRG i-CNG will come with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard. However, the NRG model is expected to come with a slightly re-tuned suspension to cope with the added weight of the factory-fitted CNG kit.
In terms of features, the CNG variant of the Tata Tiago NRG will come equipped with an identical set of features as the petrol-only variant of the Tata Tiago NRG with the inclusion of features such as projector headlamps, LED DRLs, a 7-inch Harman infotainment system with 8-speakers, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, rear wash wiper with defogger, and many more.
Apart from that, the CNG variant of the Tata Tiago NRG is likely to come with identical safety features as its petrol-powered counterpart with the inclusion of safety systems such as ABS with EBD, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors, cornering stability control, speed-sensitive auto door lock and many more.
In terms of design, the upcoming Tata Tiago NRG i-CNG is likely to look identical to its petrol-powered counterpart albeit with a few 'i-CNG' badges to distinguish the CNG-powered models from the standard petrol-powered variants. Also, the Tata Tiago NRG i-CNG will sport an additional switch on the dashboard to switch to CNG fuel when required necessary.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Tata Tiago NRG i-CNG
With the launch of the Tata Tiago NRG i-CNG, Tata Motors is looking forward to further boosting its sales figures and increasing its market share in the Indian automobile market.