- 1 hr ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 3 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- 1 day ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Priyanka Chahar Chaudhary Says ‘Ghar Basana Hai'; Archana Promises To Hunt A Suitable Groom
- News Now, Congress leader asks Modi govt to take back PoK
- Technology Google Testing End-to-End Encryption For Group Messages; Emoji Support Also Expected
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Banking Stock, Shares Can Surge Up To 24%, Says Motilal Oswal
- Education CLAT 2023 Admit Card will be Out Tomorrow; Know How to Download
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: How 'Mad' Mehidy and friend Mustafizur guided Bangla to 1-wicket win
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Tata Motors is gearing up to launch the Tiago EV hatchback tomorrow, and the automaker now has revealed the exterior of the upcoming electric hatchback through a teaser video. Thanks to this teaser video, we can confirm that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV sports more than a few visual enhancements.
From what has been revealed through the teaser video, we can confirm that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will sport a completely sealed gloss-black front grille with tri-arrow patterns on either side of the grille. Apart from that, there is also a '.EV' badge on the right side of the front grille to further distinguish the electric hatchback from regular models.
Previously, Tata Motors had revealed that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will feature the automaker's ZConnect connected car technology, leatherette seats, cruise mode, and one-pedal drive.
Moreover, it is also worth mentioning that the one-pedal drive feature on the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will help in better battery regeneration, resulting in better overall range. In addition to that, the lighter kerb weight of the hatchback body shape will also give the upcoming electric hatchback a slightly better range and performance compared to the Tata Tigor EV (sub-4m electric sedan).
We expect the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback to feature an almost similar 350V Ziptron EV system as in the Tata Tigor EV. This means the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will come equipped with a reasonably large and adequate 26kWh battery pack.
Apart from that, the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback is likely to pack in the same powertrain set up as the Tata Tigor EV with an electric motor capable of churning out 74bhp of peak power and 170Nm of peak torque.
Given the fact that most of the internals of the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback is likely to be shared with the previously-launched Tata Tigor EV electric sedan, we expect Tata Motors' upcoming electric hatchback to take similar time to charge up as the Tata Tigor EV. This means the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback is likely to take 65 minutes to charge from 0 to 80 per cent charge using a 25kW fast charger. However, charging time jumps to more than 8 hours using a 15A plug point.
In terms of range, we expect the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback with its lighter kerb weight and better battery preservation features to come with a range of more than 300km on a single charge under ideal conditions.
At present, prices for the Tata Tigor EV range start from Rs 12.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'XE' trim and goes all the way up to Rs 13.64 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the top-end 'XZ+ DT' trim level. This means the upcoming Tata Tiago EV could be priced anywhere between Rs 11.00 lakh to Rs 13.10 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago EV
The launch of the Tata Tiago EV in the Indian automobile market will give the automaker an opportunity to further extend its lead in the electric passenger vehicle segment in the country, especially in tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
Moreover, the launch of the Tata Tiago EV ahead of the festive season is likely to attract a lot of potential buyers to the dealerships as well. That being said, Tata Motors already has an 87 per cent market share in the electric passenger vehicle segment in the country.