- 25 min ago Honda Cars December 2022 Offers – Benefits & Discounts More Than Rs 70,00
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Discounts – Save Big Money Before Jan 2023 Price Hike
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Hike Prices From January 2023 – Sales Figures Likely To Decline
- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Sales Report (November 2022) - Sales Up By 14.26%
- Sports Lionel Messi: Argentina talisman set to make 1000th career appearance, check out the numbers
- News Digital Rupee a ‘game changer’ says SBI Chairman
- Finance Board Of Multibagger Mid Cap FMCG Stock Approves Rights Issue: Check Record Date
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: ‘Sabko Pata Hain Kya Hoga’, Did Nikki Tamboli Accuse Salman Khan's Show To Be ‘Fixed'?
- Technology Xiaomi 13 Series Could Launch On December 8: Can It Challenge The iQOO 11?
- Education Amrita IAS Foundation Programme Launches Comprehensive Online Sessions For Young Civil Services Aspirants
- Lifestyle New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
Tata Safari SUV is the flagship product of the Tata passenger car division and the 7-seater SUV is based on the Tata Harrier SUV. That being said, Tata Safari has been a decent seller in its segment, averaging around 2,000 units per month.
However, the launch of the Mahindra XUV700 has been disruptive in the segment. Moreover, thanks to its long feature list and wide powertrain options, the SUV suits a wider range of audiences and this has been reflected in its demand with bookings totalling more than 1.5 lakh units.
Also, the recently launched Mahindra Scorpio N seems to be a bigger hit than the Mahindra XUV700 with 1 lakh bookings made under just 30 minutes.
With such a potential for D-segment SUVs, Tata Motors seems to have been gearing up to update the Tata Safari SUV to match its latest rivals. Moreover, it has been more than a year since Tata Motors launched the Safari SUV, so given its current competition, we think this is the right time to develop the facelifted variant of the SUV as well.
That being said, the upcoming facelifted version of the Tata Safari has been spotted testing in India. However, the test mule spotted was wearing heavy camouflage and many of the design changes cannot be identified clearly.
However, there are a few noticeable changes on the upcoming facelifted iteration of the Tata Safari SUV. This includes changes such as new headlamps with sharper LED DRLs, a silver finish front grille, and a slightly different-looking tail lamp setup.
Though changes on the exterior seem minimal, we expect most of the work has been done on the inside with a very long list of features. As a result, we expect the upcoming facelifted version of the Tata Safari SUV to sport features such as a 360-degree surround-view camera, a larger touchscreen infotainment unit with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, a digital instrument cluster, and a whole suite of Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS).
However, the ADAS is likely to be offered as an optional extra due to semiconductor shortage. Such a move will make sure production doesn't get hampered due to parts shortages. ADAS is likely to include features such as hands-free parking, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, auto emergency braking, traffic sign recognition, blind-spot monitoring, rear-cross traffic alert and a few more.
While there are chances of Tata Motors introducing a petrol powertrain in future for the Safari SUV, this powertrain is likely to be at least a year away in the development phase.
At present, Tata Safari SUV is powered by a tried-and-tested turbocharged, 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder Kryotec diesel engine and this engine produces a healthy 167.67bhp of peak power at 3,750 rpm and 350Nm of peak torque at 1,750 rpm.
In addition to that, the Tata Safari SUV can also be specified with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission. Given the size of the SUV, this powertrain is also quite fuel-efficient as the ARAI-rated fuel-efficiency figure stands at 16.14 km/l for both automatic and manual transmission models.
Thoughts About Upcoming New Tata Safari SUV
We expect to see the upcoming facelifted iteration of the Tata Safari SUV to sport a lot more features. However, we do not expect Tata Motors to launch this model before the festive season.