- 7 hrs ago Toyota Hilux Official Teaser Out Now: Launch On Jan 20
- 9 hrs ago MS Dhoni Buys A Land Rover Series 3 Vintage SUV: BBT Online Auction
- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike Announced: Price Increase Of Upto Rs 21,000 Effective From January 2022
- 12 hrs ago Top 10 Essentials For Any Car: From Puncture Repair Kits To Torch Lights
- Finance What To Do If Your Health Insurance Claim Get Rejected?
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022: Offers On Top 5G Smartphones
- News Crime syndicate behind 1993 Mumbai serial blasts given state protection: India at UN
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 18 Highlights: Karan Kundrra & Tejasswi Prakash's Families Approve Of Their Relationship
- Sports Dasun Shanaka's maiden ODI ton goes in vain as Zimbabwe edge Sri Lanka by 22 runs in 2nd ODI
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
- Lifestyle Dr Angelique Coetzee: Don’t Look At Your Positivity Rate, Look At How Many People Admitted In ICU
In the last few years, Tata Motors has been focussing on improving the safety aspects of their cars. Thanks to the brand's efforts, more people have become aware of the importance of safety in automobiles.
In December 2021 alone, Tata Motors sold 35,300 units. This allowed the Indian brand to overtake the South Korean automobile giant, Hyundai to take the second step of the podium in terms of sales.
In terms of overall sales in 2021, Tata Motors saw a significant jump in sales with a growth of 94.6 per cent compared to 2020.
In 2021, Tata Motors sold 3,31,182 units, which is 1,61,031 units more than what the Indian brand managed to do in the previous year. This is the highest sales recorded by the Tata Motors passenger vehicles division ever since the business was established back in 1991.
Tata Nexon can be credited for being the 'flag-bearer' of this outstanding sales drive. In 2021, 1,08,577 units of Tata Nexon units were sold, resulting in YoY growth of 122.3 per cent. In comparison, just 48.842 units of Nexon were sold in 2020.
Meanwhile, Tata Altroz, the sales champ of Tata Motors in 2020 also saw growth in 2021 and sold 69,744 units, resulting in YoY growth of 40.94 per cent.
Tata Tiago also witnessed YoY growth of 37.97 per cent with annual sales of 64,944 units in 2021. Though this number might not be impressive in comparison with other cars on this list, this is very promising as it is proof that even budget-limited consumers have started to prioritise safety.
Tata Harrier sold 28.038 units in 2021 and witnessed 99.26 per cent YoY growth, while the larger Tata Safari based on the Harrier sold 18,358 units in 2021.
The Tata Tigor on the other hand sold 18,900 units in 2021 with YoY growth of 85.06 per cent. Adding to the overall sales numbers, the recently launched Tata Punch also recorded a strong sales of 22,571 units in 2021.
Speaking about the Tata Punch, it uses the ALFA-ARC platform from the Tata Altroz and comes with safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and cornering stability control, ISOFIX child seats, first-in-segment 'Brake Sway Control', and many more. Like Tata Altroz, the Tata Punch has also scored a 5-star safety rating with Global-NCAP.
Tata Punch is powered by an uprated 3-cylinder 1.2L Revotron petrol engine with 'Dynapro Technology'. This engine produces 84.48bhp at 6,000rpm and 113Nm of torque at 3,300rpm. Moreover, the Tata Punch comes with a choice of either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
Thoughts About Tata Motors
Thanks to Tata Motors' relentless campaign on safety, even entry-level hatchback buyers seem to have an eye for safety. This has positively impacted the sales of Tata Motors and the 2021 sales performance of the company is proof of that.
Moreover, Tata Motors have cemented their reputation as one of the sturdiest car manufacturers in the country.