- 43 min ago Top 5 Things About The New Bajaj Pulsar P150
- 16 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar P150 Launched At Rs 1,16,755 - More Power & New Look
- 17 hrs ago Mahindra-Owned Pininfarina's Battista Hypercar Claims 4 World Records - Quickest 0-100km/h Time Ever
- 17 hrs ago Force Urbania Debuts – 25 First-In-Segment Features
- Finance ICICI Securities Is Bullish On This Large Cap Insurance Stock, Suggests Buy For 47% Potential Upside
- Movies Pooja Hegde Recovers From Leg Injury And is Back To Work; Fans Get Excited!
- Sports Cristiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi: The FIFA World Cup stats and numbers of the two GOATs
- News Not just massages, Satyendar Jain's jail time also includes 'sumptuous' meals
- Education Only 7,000 Schools Out Of 15 lakh Are Accredited In India: NABET
- Lifestyle International Human Rights Day 2022: Wishes, Quotes, Images, Messages, Greetings and WhatsApp Status
- Travel Dursey Island – Ireland's Hidden Gem
- Technology Airtel Could Soon Scrap Recharge Plans Below ₹100; Minimum Recharge Plan To Cost ₹155
Thanks to new launches and increased focus on safety, Tata Motors has witnessed tremendous growth in recent years. As such, here is the sales breakup of Tata Motors' passenger vehicles for the month of October 2022.
Nexon (13,767 units)
The Tata Nexon is the first Indian vehicle to score a 5-Star rating at the Global-NCAP, and the model set new standards for the automaker. In October 2022, Tata Motors managed to sell 13,767 units of Nexon SUVs in India and registered a YoY sales growth of more than 36.3 per cent.
In Comparison, MoM sales dipped slightly as the automaker was able to sell 751 units more in the month of September 2022, resulting in a MoM sales decline of just over 5.1 per cent.
|Rank||Tata Motors||Oct '22||Oct '21||Growth (%) YoY|
Punch (10,982 units)
Tata Motors recently launched the Punch SUV in India, and despite that, the model continues to show solid sales performance. In October 2022 alone, Tata Motors sold 10,982 units of Punch SUVs in India, resulting in a YoY sales increase of almost 30 per cent.
However, MoM sales figures were not as positive since the model registered a negative growth of more than 10 per cent. However, we expect the Tata Punch sales to climb upwards in the coming months.
Tiago (7,187 units)
The Tata Tiago sales were consistently improving since the model was launched by the automaker in India. Moreover, Tata Motors sold a very respectable 7,187 units of Tiago hatchbacks in India back in October 2022. This solid sales performance has resulted in a 421 per cent increase in YoY sales figures.
Also, thanks to the launch of the CNG variant of the Tata Tiago, MoM sales figures have also improved by more than 3.6 per cent.
Altroz (4,770 units)
The Tata Altroz continues to be a decent performer for the company as it managed to sell 4,770 units of the premium hatchback in October 2022. However, both the YoY and MoM sales figures for the Altroz premium hatchback are down by 6.9 and 8.7 per cent, respectively. However, we expect the sales of the premium hatchback to increase in the coming months.
Tigor (4,001 units)
Though the sales figures may not impress many, the Tigor sub-4m sedan is doing good in its segment considering the increased interest among buyers to opt for an SUV. In October 2022, Tata managed to sell 4,001 units of Tigor sedans, resulting in a YoY sales increase of more than 190 per cent.
Moreover, MoM sales figures also improved by 8.1 per cent as the automaker managed to sell just 3,700 units of the Tigor sedan in September 2022.
Harrier (2,762 units)
In October 2022, Tata Motors managed to sell 2,762 units of Harrier SUVs. Though a solid sales figure considering its segment, YoY sales figures dipped by more than 10.8 per cent as the company managed to sell more than 3,000 units in October 2021.
In comparison, MoM sales figures also dipped by more than 7.7 per cent as the company managed to sell 2,030 units of the SUV in September 2022.
Safari (1,751 units)
Tata Safari is the flagship model of Tata Motors in India. In October 2022, Tata Motors managed to sell a respectable 1,751 units of the SUV in the country, resulting in a YoY sales increase of almost 1 per cent.
However, MoM sales figures for the Tata Safari SUV dipped by more than 13.7 per cent as the company managed to sell 279 units more in the month of September 2022.
Thoughts About Tata Motors Passenger Vehicle Sales In October 2022
In recent years, Tata Motors has been in a close fight with Hyundai for the second spot, and with a YoY sales increase of more than 33 per cent, we expect Tata Motors to soon become the 2nd largest passenger car maker in India.