- 38 min ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson First Drive Review - Extreme Extroverted Tranquility
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Spotted At Khardung La Within A Week From Its Launch In India
- Movies Macherla Niyojakavargam Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download
- Sports Legends League Cricket: Sourav Ganguly to lead India Maharajas against World Giants -- Full squads
- Finance Indian Silver Rates Fall By Rs. 400 Today, Prices Down 1.02% In July: See Gold & Silver Trend
- Education Telangana EAMCET Results 2022 is declared: know how to check your TS EAMCET 2022 Results here!
- News Have no such thoughts: Nitish Kumar denies PM ambitions again
- Travel Lake Inari: Waterway Dotted With 3000 Islands
- Technology Redmi K50 Ultra Goes Official As Extreme Edition Of Redmi K50i; Price & Specifications
- Lifestyle Expert Article On Tooth Jewellery And Tooth Tattoos
Indian carmaker Tata Motors has revealed its sales numbers for the month of July 2022. Tata sold a total of 47,505 passenger vehicles in the domestic market last month, another record for the Mumbai-based carmaker.
While passenger vehicle numbers for Tata Motors stood at 47,505 for July 2022, the automaker also sold a total of 31,473 commercial vehicles in the country last month while exporting another 2,681 units.
Passenger vehicle sales were up by 57.38 per cent (17,320 units) compared to July 2021, when the carmaker sold 30,185 PVs in the Indian car market. Month-over-Month sales were also in the black, rising by 5.11 per cent (2,308) units compared to the 45,197 passenger vehicles sold in June 2022. Out of the 47,505 units sold by Tata Motors in July, 43,483 units were powered by internal combustion engines while 4,022 were EVs.
Other than the new overall sales record, July 2022 saw Tata Motors set quite a few more internal records. The recently launched Punch recorded its best sales yet with 11,007 units of the micro SUV finding new homes in July. The Tigor also recorded its best sales numbers with Tata Motors selling 5,433 units of the sedan last month.
The month of July was also a record-breaking month for Tata in terms of vehicles powered by alternative fuel sources. CNG sales were at the highest to date, with 5,293 units of the natural gas powered passenger vehicles being sold in July. Tata's three EV offerings - Tigor EV, Nexon Prime and Nexon Max - found 4,022 new homes in the month of July 2022.
Tata's Commercial Vehicle department also enjoyed a good month of sales in July rising by 43 per cent from July 2021's 23,848 units to 34,154 units last month. Domestic commercial vehicle sales numbers were up by 43 per cent at 31,473 units last month compared to July 2021's 21,796 units. Exports of commercial vehicles by Tata Motors stood at 2,681 units rising by 31 per cent year over year compared to July 2021's 2,052 units.
Medium & Heavy CV sales increased 57 per cent Y-o-Y to 8,522 units in July 2022 compared to the 5,416 units sold in July 2021. Light and Intermediate CV sales numbers stood at 4,475 units which was a Y-o-Y growth of 33 per cent compared to July 2021's 3,357 units.
Small commercial vehicles (cargo and pickup) sales numbers stood at 15,022 units in July 2022 rising by 23 per cent compared to the same period last year when Tata sold 12,198 SCVs. Passenger carrier sales stood at 3,454 units, up by 319 per cent Y-o-Y compared to July 2022 when Tata sold just 825 units.
Thoughts About Tata's Record-Breaking July Sales
Tata Motors continues to grow from strength to strength with July seeing the carmaker break its sales records once again with 47,505 hatchbacks sedans and SUVs reaching new homes last month. Hopefully, these numbers will continue to grow as Tata continues to lead the EV revolution in India.