- 11 hrs ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 12 hrs ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- 16 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- Movies Vikram Vedha Day 2 Box Office Collection: Hrithik Roshan-Saif Ali Khan's Film Sees Slight Growth
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2022: India Legends beat Sri Lanka Legends by 33 runs to lift trophy
- News Swachh Survekshan 2022: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Cong's Nath hail top ranks for MP, Indore
- Finance Cryptocurrency Fails To Stabilize, Market-cap Slips 1.39%: Bitcoin Plunges To US$ 19,286
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
India's largest commercial vehicle manufacturer Tata Motors has launched a new range of 5 new CNG trucks, and 7 new I & LCVs. The CV leader has added features like ADAS to its new Prima truck as well as updated its truck lineup for better driver comfort.
Speaking at the launch of the new Tata Motors truck lineup launch, Girish Wagh, Executive Director, Tata Motors, said, "Our trucks connect India and power the engine of the nation's economy. As the industry leader, we are creating new paradigms of functionality, productivity, connectivity, safety and performance by continually introducing future-ready products, services and solutions. The trucks that we are launching today, address the growing need for safer transportation with an Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) offering collision mitigation system, lane departure warning, electronic stability control, driver alerts and tyre pressure monitoring. They also provide cleaner mobility solutions with a richer offering of alternate fuel powertrains. Every aspect of these trucks has been purposefully augmented to cater to varied duty cycles and special applications. We are delighted to further strengthen our unmatched portfolio of commercial vehicles with these smart trucks that are designed to deliver best-in-class operating economics and superior comfort with enhanced connectivity. We continue to redefine transportation by 'Delivering Progress' to our customers, their drivers, the shippers and our country by making the logistics chain more efficient."
The new lineup of trucks from Tata Motors includes 5 all-new CNG powered trucks. This is the first time that any Medium or Heavy Commercial Vehicle powered by CNG has been introduced onto our roads.
India's first CNG powered Medium and Heavy Commercial trucks are powered by a 5.7-litre engine that produces 180hp and 650Nm of peak torque. Tata claims that its new range of Signa CNG trucks will deliver a range of up to 1,000 kilometers on a full tank of CNG.
Tata Motors has also introduced 7 new Intermediate and Light Commercial vehicles to its range of trucks for the Indian market. These 7 trucks are powered by either CNG or diesel and are offered with 4-18 tonne GVW, which Tata claims makes them the ideal choice for both last mile as well as medium to long haul with a variety of engine & cabin options befitting the duty cycle requirement.
Finally and most importantly, Tata has introduced its new lineup of Prima trucks. The new Tata Prima lineup of trucks features India's first advanced driver active safety (ADAS) and passive safety features including Collision Mitigation System (CMS), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) developed with extensive validation, especially for Indian operating conditions. Vehicle also offers additional safety features like Driver Monitoring System (DMS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). The new Prima lineup also sports a more ergonomic cabin which Tata claims offers better driving comfort which is further aided by best-in-class conveniences and features for enhanced driver and vehicle safety.
Thoughts About Tata's New Lineup Of Trucks
Tata Motors, India's largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles continues to innovate in terms of greener propulsion setups and more active safety systems as it looks to make trucking a lot more comfortable and safer for those behind the wheel.