- 9 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Tata Altroz Automatic launch confirmed via the company's official Twitter handle. The tweet read "Hi, thank you for writing to us. The automatic variant of Altroz will be available in the near future. We will announce the availability of #TheGoldStandard at an appropriate time. Stay tuned to our website and social media handles for latest updates."
Apart from that, the Tata Altroz is one of the safest hatchbacks in the country with a 5-star safety rating for adult occupant protection and it is also one of the best-selling hatchbacks in the country.
According to sources, Tata Motors is likely to offer the automatic gearbox with the 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine. Moreover, the gearbox on offer is more likely to be a quick-shifting DCT unit to suit the sporty character of the engine.
Apart from that, test mules of Tata Altroz have been spotted several times now and the frequency of spy shots on the internet has also increased during recent times.
We expect the automatic variant of the Tata Altroz to be priced slightly higher than the manual variant. Thanks to the more advanced DCT unit, the automatic variant may cost a lakh over the manual variant and also weigh around 20kgs heavier.
At present, the Tata Altroz is available in eight different trim levels and three engine options. The engine options include two petrol and one diesel engine.
The base 1.2-litre 3-cylinder Revotron petrol engine produces 85bhp at 6,000rpm and 113Nm of torque at 3,300rpm. Whereas the more potent 1.2-litre turbocharged, 3-cylinder petrol engine produces 108bhp at 5,500rpm and 140Nm of torque at 1,500 rpm.
The diesel engine on the other hand is a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder unit with 90bhp at 4,000rpm and 200Nm of torque at 1,250rpm. At present, all three engines come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Tata Altroz is also a very well equipped hatchback in terms of features such as iRA connected car technology, a touchscreen infotainment system, a 7-inch TFT digital instrument cluster, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, cruise control, rear AC vents, and many more.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Tata Altroz Automatic
Tata Altroz is one of the best hatchbacks currently available in the country and the only hatchback in India with a 5-star safety rating. Though the popularity of Tata Altroz is growing, the lack of automatic transmissions makes it a secondary choice for many urbanites in the country.
With the launch of the automatic variant of Altroz, Tata Motors can attract more buyers in tier 1 and tier 2 cities.