- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 21 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Weather Forecast for January 26: IMD predicts partly cloudy sky but no rain in Delhi on Republic Day 2022
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Sony Vision-S 02 electric SUV displayed at CES 2022; might soon be launched. Tech giant Sony has displayed a new electric SUV at the ongoing CES 2022 in Las Vegas, and this new SUV might be the first electric vehicle from Sony. This also reaffirms Sony's intentions to grab a slice of the EV pie.
The world is switching over to electric mobility and the traditional automotive brands are working towards the same. Not wanting to be left behind are several tech companies. A few brands that earned their reputation for making smartphones, computers, speakers, TVs, and other consumer electronics are now eyeing the EV market and Sony is one of them.
It was back in 2020 that Sony first displayed the Vision-S concept. It was a futuristic electric vehicle that looked great and had a lot of promise. However, back then, this EV was only viewed as a display of what Sony is capable of doing as the Japanese brand hadn't displayed any clear intentions to enter the EV market.
In the months that followed, the Sony Vision-S was spotted testing on public roads and quite naturally, everyone expected the Sony electric sedan to be launched sooner or later. Now, several months after the Vision-S was first displayed, Sony has displayed a new EV and this time, it is an SUV.
CES is the largest consumer electronics show in the world and over the last few years, the show has seen a steady increase in the number of electric vehicles being displayed. The new Sony electric SUV was also displayed at CES 2022.
There are no concrete details of the new Sony Vision-S 02 SUV or the powertrain that lies beneath it. However, it is expected to feature the same powertrain as the Vision-S and similar technology too could be used.
Sony had previously confirmed that the Vision-S will be powered by a 536bhp powertrain that comprises of one motor at the front and another at the rear. This allows the Sony Vision-S to have all-wheel-drive capabilities. Performance is brisk too, with 0-100km/h being covered in under 5 seconds and the electric sedan is capable of a top speed of around 240km/h.
Not so surprisingly, the Sony Vision-S comes loaded with technology. It has a gigantic infotainment screen, 5G connectivity that also gives it OTA updates capability. The sedan also features around 40 sensors that measure various parameters at all times to provide the users with a seamless driving experience. The sedan also features autonomous capabilities.
Needless to say, the new electric SUV from Sony will also feature these technologies and more. More details on the powertrain, technology, and launch timeline are expected to come out soon.
Thought On Sony Electric SUV Being Showcased At CES 2022
Sony is a familiar brand that has produced some brilliant consumer electronics. Now that the brand is getting into the electric vehicle industry, things are soon going to get quite exciting. Will we ever see the Sony EVs in India? At the moment it doesn't seem like we will see one soon. Time, however, will tell.