- 1 min ago Great Wall Motors’ India Operations End: Last Few Employees Asked To Leave
- 18 min ago Kia Sales Grow By 60 Per Cent Y-o-Y In June 2022 - Records Highest-Ever Monthly Sales
- 1 hr ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Features, Safety, Powertrain, Variants, Warranty, Price & More
- 2 hrs ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- Finance 3 Stocks To Go Ex-Bonus Next Week: Check Details
- Sports Fact Check: Is Virat Kohli retiring after another low score against England at Edgbaston?
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Congratulates Baywatch Co-Star Alexandra Daddario On Her Wedding
- News Capt Amarinder Singh likely to be NDA's pick for Vice President candidate
- Technology Lenovo Tab P11 Plus Coming To India Soon; Pricing Officially Confirmed
- Lifestyle 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
Given the rising input costs and strong demand for Skoda Slavia in the Indian automobile market, Skoda has hiked the prices of the Slavia sedan up to Rs 60,000.
Thanks to the new price hike, the Skoda Slavia sedan's price range now starts from Rs 10.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'Active' trim with manual transmission and 1.0TSI engine, which is around Rs 30,000 more expensive than before.
|Skoda Slavia 1.0-litre TSI|
|Variant||Old Price||New Price||Difference|
|Active MT||₹10.69 Lakh||₹10.99 Lakh||₹30,000|
|Ambition MT||₹12.39 Lakh||₹12.69 Lakh||₹30,000|
|Ambition AT||₹13.59 Lakh||₹13.89 Lakh||₹30,000|
|Style MT without sunroof||₹13.59 Lakh||₹13.99 Lakh||₹40,000|
|Style MT with sunroof||₹13.99 Lakh||₹14.39 Lakh||₹40,000|
|Style AT with sunroof||₹15.39 Lakh||₹15.79 Lakh||₹40,000|
|Skoda Slavia 1.5-litre TSI|
|Variant||Old Price||New Price||Difference|
|Style MT with sunroof||₹16.19 Lakh||₹16.79 Lakh||₹60,000|
|Style AT with sunroof||₹17.79 Lakh||₹18.39 Lakh||₹60,000|
Apart from that, the Ambition trim is also costlier by Rs 30,000 and carries a price tag of Rs 12.69 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Whereas, the Style variant of the Skoda Slavia sedan has been priced at Rs 13.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the 1.0 TSI manual variant without the sunroof and Rs 14.39 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the one equipped with a sunroof.
Coming to the automatic variants equipped with the 1.0TSI engine, the Ambition variant is now priced at Rs 13.89 lakh (ex-showroom, India), whereas the Style variant is priced at Rs 15.79 lakh (ex-showroom, India), which amounts to a price hike of Rs 30,000 and Rs 40,000, respectively.
The Skoda Slavia equipped with the 1.5 TSI engine is now Rs 60,000 more expensive and retails for Rs 16.79 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the manual variant and Rs 18.30 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the automatic variant.
Speaking about Skoda Slavia, the Czech automaker launched the Skoda Slavia sedan on 28th February 2022 with a starting price of Rs 10.69 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'Active' trim with the 1.0-litre TSI engine and manual transmission.
Three days later, Skoda launched the Slavia with the larger 1.5-litre TSI engine. The prices for this variant started from Rs 16.19 lakh (ex-showroom, India). However, the automatic variant was priced at Rs 17.79 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Apart from that, the Slavia sedan is built on the same MQB-A0 IN platform as the Skoda Kushaq SUV, and as a result, the sedan is much larger than the Skoda Rapid sedan sold in India.
Speaking of size, the Skoda Slavia sedan is 4,541mm long, 1,752mm wide and 1,487mm tall. Apart from that, the Czech sedan has the longest wheelbase in its class at 2,651mm.
As mentioned above, the Skoda Slavia sedan comes with two engine options. The 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine is the base engine option and this unit produces 113bhp of peak power and 175Nm of peak torque. Moreover, this engine comes mated either to a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The next engine option is a 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine with 150bhp of peak power and 250Nm of peak torque. However, the automatic transmission in the 1.5 TSI unit is a more sophisticated 7-speed DSG unit instead of the 6-speed torque converter unit. This engine also features Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) that shuts down two of its four cylinders to improve fuel efficiency and emissions.
In terms of safety, the Skoda Slavia sedan comes with plenty of safety features such as 6 airbags, ABS, EBD, ESC, an electronic differential system (EDS), tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) and many more.
Thoughts About The Skoda Slavia
The Czech automaker has once again gained traction in the Indian automotive market with highly successful products such as Kushaq and Slavia. Though well-received by the Indian audience, the Slavia sedan sits in one of the most competitive segments and the recent price hike may put the sedan on the back foot.