- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Sales Report (November 2022) - Sales Up By 14.26%
- 4 hrs ago Upcoming Electric Scooters & Motorcycles In India – Future Sure Looks Electrifying
- 7 hrs ago Mercedes GLB Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 63.8 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Top 5 Upcoming CNG Cars In India – Brezza, Carens, & More
- Sports Indian shuttlers confirm 5 medals at Badminton Asia Junior Championships 2022
- Finance Buy This Small Cap Gas Distribution Stock For High Returns, Target Price Rs 1,082, Says Geojit
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 9: Roopesh Shetty Reunites With His Father After Spending 100 Days In The House
- News Imran Khan directs party leaders to ensure no criticism of Pakistan Army: Report
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Lifestyle Goddess Varahi: Know About The Iconography, Rituals, Legends And Benefits Of Worshipping Her
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
- Education IIT Placements 2022: 30 students bag packages over Rs 1 cr
Bangalore-based EV startup Pravaig has revealed the Defy SUV. The Pravaig Defy is priced at Rs 39.50 lakhs (ex-showroom).
The Pravaig Defy is the firm's first EV and it brings some rather bonkers numbers for power, speed and range that take it up to a level currently seen only occupied by the Germans and South Koreans in the Indian market.
Pravaig Defy Motor Specs, Battery Pack & Range
The Praviag Defy is powered by a pair of electric motors that develop 402bhp and 620Nm of peak torque. Power is split evenly between both axles giving the Defy all-wheel drive. This allowing the Pravaig Defy to sprint from 0-100km/h in a claimed 4.9 seconds and hit a top speed of 210km/h.
The Pravaig Defy is powered by a large 90.2kWh battery pack that allows the electric SUV a claimed driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge.
Pravaig claims that the batteries on its battery pack are the highest performing in the world with a specific energy of 185Wh/kg. Charging times when connected to a fast DC charger are also quite quick with the battery pack going from 0 to 80 per cent in just 30 minutes.
The Pravaig Defy is quite a large SUV measuring 4.94-metres long, 1.65 metres tall, and 1.94 metres wide. The wheelbase of the Pravaig Defy is an impressive 3.03 metres and the electric SUV has a ground clearance of 234mm.
Pravaig Defy Design & Features
The Pravaig Defy features a rather boxy SUV design and looks quite similar to ICE offerings from the British marque Land Rover's Range Rover lineup.
The front end is almost entirely closed off except for the lightbar style headlights. The Defy sports rather raked front and rear windscreens and coupe-like roof that plays host to a large panoramic sunroof.
The Defy SUV also sports an integrated roof mounted spoiler along with another one that sits lower on the tailgate and underneath which you can find the lightbar style taillights. The Defy also rides on some rather snazzy looking wheels.
Step inside the Pravaig Defy and you're greeted by massive 15.6-inch touchscreen infotainment display which is connected to an audio system from French Sound specialists Devialet. Pravaig claims that the Defy offers passengers 1,050mm of headroom and 1,215mm of legroom.
Other features on the cooled and electrically adjustable seats inside include an air purifier, multiple USB charging ports, wireless charging for your devices and a smaller touchscreen display for the passengers at the rear.
Thoughts About The Pravaig Defy
The Pravaig Defy is an all-out disrupter in the luxury electric SUV market. With its crazy power figures and big range, Pravaig looks set to Defy the rule of the imported electric SUVs in the Indian market.