- 9 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 17 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Disha Patani Asks, 'Humare Friend Banoge?' Kickstarts #TheYKKAGroove
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
The 2022 Skoda Kodiaq has been launched in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 34.99 lakh, ex-showroom. The launch of the 2022 model marks the return of the Skoda Kodiaq to the Indian market after nearly two years since it was discontinued. The new Skoda Kodiaq features a few design updates, several feature additions, and a more powerful turbo-petrol engine.
The Skoda Kodiaq was first launched in the Indian market back in 2018. It immediately became and still remains the largest vehicle ever sold by Skoda in the Indian market. With its sturdy build quality, a lengthy list of features, and premium design, it quickly became one of the favourites in the segment.
In April 2020, the BS6 emissions norms kicked in and this forced Skoda to discontinue the Kodiaq in the Indian market. Now though, it is back in a new avatar and it does look like it has improved in every single way.
The new Skoda Kodiaq is available in three trims. Prices start at Rs 34.99 lakh for the base Style variant. The Sportline variant is priced at Rs 35.99 lakh while the top-spec Laurin & Klement variant retails at Rs 37.49 lakh.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Design & Style
As aforementioned, the Skoda Kodiaq receives several design changes when compared to the old model. These design changes are inspired by the Kodiaq on sale in international markets, and this international model received a facelift in 2021. So, it is a pretty fresh design.
Up front is a new grille design and this when combined with the raised bonnet makes the new Kodiaq look more muscular. It also features a revised headlamp that is now sleeker and is complete with signature LED DRLs. When viewed from the side profile, the Skoda Kodiaq remains identical to the older model.
The only major change comes in the form of more stylish alloy wheels. At the rear, the design changes are subtle and only the tail lamps and bumper feature a slight redesign. The rest of the SUV remains identical to the outgoing model.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Interior
The Skoda Kodiaq was always a nice place to be in, and that trait continues on the 2022 model as well. The dashboard layout remains identical to the older Kodiaq with the exception of a few subtle design traits. The most notable design change comes in the form of the new two-spoke steering wheel which these days has become a signature Skoda element. The SUV continues to feature three rows of seating and the seats definitely look comfortable.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Features
Taking centre stage on the dashboard is an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit complete with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Sound is reproduced via a 12-speaker Canton audio system.
Other notable features include wireless mobile phone charging, heated and cooled front seats, ambient lighting, three-zone automatic climate control, hands-free parking, panoramic sunroof, etc. 9 Airbags make sure that occupants remain safe in the event of a crash.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Engine & Transmission
The older Skoda Kodiaq was powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine that put out 148bhp. Skoda has shunned the old diesel in favour of its new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. This TSI unit is shared with other Skoda models like the Octavia and Superb. In the new Kodiaq, it produces a maximum power output of 190bhp and a peak torque output of 320Nm. A 7-speed automatic gearbox drives all four wheels. All-wheel-drive is standard across all variants.
Thoughts On 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Being Launched In India
The Skoda Kodiaq is one of the most value-for-money SUVs on sale in the Indian market. It brings with it lots of technology, a long list of features, and a brilliant powertrain configuration. The Skoda Kodiaq doesn't really have a direct rival in India at the moment. However, it will indirectly compete with the likes of the MG Gloster, Toyota Fortuner, Isuzu MU-X, etc.