- 1 hr ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson First Drive Review - Extreme Extroverted Tranquility
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Spotted At Khardung La Within A Week From Its Launch In India
- News 6 held as 2,000 live cartridges recovered in east Delhi ahead of I-Day celebrations, terror angle not ruled ou
- Technology Xiaomi Watch S1 Pro Is Brand's First Watch To Offer Temperature Tracking; Price & Specs
- Sports UAE T20 League: MI Emirates Full Squad -- Pollard, Boult, Bravo to play in International League T20
- Movies Macherla Niyojakavargam Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download
- Finance Buy Stock For 26% Return, Revenue Up of 34% YoY, Board Ready For 150-200bps Margin: Prabhudas Lilladher
- Travel World Elephant Day 2022: Wildlife Destinations for Sighting Elephants in India
- Education Telangana EAMCET Results 2022 is declared: know how to check your TS EAMCET 2022 Results here!
- Lifestyle Expert Article On Tooth Jewellery And Tooth Tattoos
The next generation of the Maruti Suzuki Alto has been spied during what appears to be a TVC shoot for the upcoming entry-level car.
The latest image of the popular entry-level hatchback comes courtesy of team-bhp and reveals two next-gen Alto's (codenamed y0m) during a TVC shoot. The two hatchbacks were sporting red and blue paintjobs and the image showed us a glimpse at what the new Alto will look like.
The next-gen Alto has been in the works for a while and test mules of the entry-level hatchback have been spotted testing before though thse glimpses have been of rather heavily camouflauged cars.
The new image from the TVC shoot reveals quite a few details about the next-gen Alto including the new rear bumper, new taillights, and the rear number plate mounted in a recess on the rear bumper. The two cars in the TVC shoot also feature body coloured pillars and door handles and ride on steel wheels with silver wheel covers.
Previous images/videos of Alto test mules on the streets have shown a brand new front end which looks to be inspired by the larger Celerio hatchback. Not much is known about the insides of the new Alto, but we expect the new hatch to borrow elements from the larger Celerio and the S-Presso.
Like the other two hatchbacks the next-gen Alto will be based on Maruti Suzuki's Heartect platform. The next-gen Alto from Maruti Suzuki is expected to retain the current car's 0.8-litre three-cylinder petrol engine that is good for 47bhp and 69Nm of peak torque. The engine will continue to be offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The next-gen Alto (y0m) is also expected to herald the return of the new Alto K10 which was discontinued back in 2022 when new BS6 emission norms came into play. The new Alto K10 is expected to be powered by the carmaker's latest version of its naturaly aspirated 999c K10 petrol engine. Expected to be featured in the latest K10C guise in the new 1.0-litre version of the Alto, the engine is set to continue kicking out 66bhp and 89Nm of peak torque that it produces under the bonnet of the Celerio.
The new Maruti Suzuki Alto is expected to arrive on our roads this festive season and we expect more details to emerge as the launch nears.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Suzuki Alto
The latest image from a TVC shoot give us a first look at the undiguised next-gen Maruti Suzuki Alto. However, with the government's new rules for safer cars mandating six airbags from October onwards, we wonder if we'll see these changes on the new Alto considering the fact that Maruti has threatened to pull the plug on small cars if they become unviable to produce.