- 8 min ago Kia Sales Grow By 60 Per Cent Y-o-Y In June 2022 - Records Highest-Ever Monthly Sales
- 1 hr ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Features, Safety, Powertrain, Variants, Warranty, Price & More
- 2 hrs ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Sales Rise By 59% Y-o-Y In June 2022
- Finance 3 Stocks To Go Ex-Bonus Next Week: Check Details
- Sports Fact Check: Is Virat Kohli retiring after another low score against England at Edgbaston?
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Congratulates Baywatch Co-Star Alexandra Daddario On Her Wedding
- News Capt Amarinder Singh likely to be NDA's pick for Vice President candidate
- Technology Lenovo Tab P11 Plus Coming To India Soon; Pricing Officially Confirmed
- Lifestyle 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
Maruti Suzuki's upcoming compact SUV has been spotted testing near its manufacturing facility in Gurugram. The Maruti Suzuki YFG (internal codename) SUV will rival the Hyundai Creta when it arrives later this year.
The upcoming Maruti Suzuki YFG, which is being co-developed with Toyota (D20 - internal codename) is expected to be launched in India in time for the Dusshera-Diwali festive period. The co-developed Maruti YFG & Toyota D20 will be the first real challengers from both marques in the compact SUV segment currently dominated by the Hyundai Creta.
The YFG was recently spotted near Maruti's production facility near Gurugram. A few details about the Maruti Suzuki YFG can be seen in the spy shots under the thick black camo. The features include the split front light design with the LED DRLs on top and the actual headlights sitting in their own enclosures next to the large grille on the front bumper.
Both the Maruti Suzuki and Toyota versions of the SUV are expected to feature a similar design with a few distinguising features to distinguish them from each other and to help them fit in more easily with the rest of their lineups. So expect a few tweaks in terms of front and rear designs when these vehicles arrive later this year.
Inside, the Maruti Suzuki YFG is expected to feature a host of options if the carmaker's new launches are anything to go by.
We expect the new YFG SUV from Maruti Suzuki to feature ventilated seats, a host of safety tech, paddle shifters for the automatic variants, a big set of connected car tech and a heads-up display are all expected to be featured on the upcoming SUV. The new SUV could even feature a sunroof, though we're keeping our fingers crossed on this given Maruti's track record.
Under the bonnet, the upcoming SUV duo from Toyota & Maruti Suzuki are expected to feature only hybrid powertrains. With Toyota finally pushing its strong hybrid technology in India, expect the new SUV duo to be propelled by a smaller displacement engine paired to one electric motor.
Toyota has already started local production on the lithium-ion battery packs that will power its stron hybrid vehicles in India. The heavy localisation of components will also help keep costs low to help the Maruti and Toyota duo compete with the Creta in the price-driven Indian market. The new Maruti Suzuki YFG is expected to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki's Upcoming YFG SUV
Maruti's upcoming YFG SUV will be the carmaker's second stab at the segment dominated by the Creta. The carmaker's previous venture into the segment was with the Vitara which did not do well. With the new YFG, and its tie-up with Toyota Maruti hopes to crack into a segment it has long desired to dominate.