- 10 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 15 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports If father would have been alive, he would be happiest: Mukesh on India call up
- News Braving rains, Rahul Gandhi addresses gathering in Mysuru; video goes viral
- Movies Bigg Boss 16 Day 1 Live Updates: And So, On The Very First Day, #KhelGayeBiggBoss
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
While Maruti Suzuki finally launched the CNG version of the Swift hatchback in India, here are the top 5 things about the hatchback that you should know.
Variants & Price
Unlike the regular Maruti Suzuki Swift hatchback that solely runs on petrol, the newly launched Maruti Suzuki S-CNG is available in just two variants - VXi, and ZXi. This means the CNG version of the Maruti Suzuki Swift is available in mid and top-end variants only.
Coming to the price, the Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG VXi variant is priced at Rs 7.77 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), whereas the Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG ZXi variant is priced at Rs 8.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
In comparison, the standard Maruti Suzuki Swift costs Rs 5.91 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base LXi variant. Whereas the standard Maruti Suzuki Swift VXi costs Rs 6.82 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the VXi variant and Rs 7.50 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi variant.
In order to further boost the sales of the Maruti Suzuki Swift hatchback, the Indo-Japanese automaker has also introduced subscription plans. This new subscription plan according to Maruti Suzuki is an all-inclusive subscription program.
According to Maruti Suzuki, the subscription plans for the new Maruti Suzuki Swift start from just Rs 16,499. At this price, subscription plans are a viable alternative for many prospective buyers.
The newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG is powered by a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder, Dual Jet Dual VVT, naturally-aspirated engine. This engine is designed to run on both CNG and Petrol.
Using CNG as fuel, this engine is tuned to produce 76.5bhp of peak power at 6,000rpm, and 98.5Nm of torque at 4,300rpm. Whereas the same power unit produces 87.8bhp of peak power at 6,000rpm and 113Nm of peak torque at 4,400rpm using petrol as fuel.
However, like all other CNG vehicles in India, the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG is available exclusively with a 5-speed manual transmission. This could be somewhat inconvenient for a few urban users.
The newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG is rated to deliver a fuel efficiency figure of 30.90km/kg of CNG fuel. In comparison, the standard Maruti Suzuki Swift equipped with the manual transmission returns a fuel efficiency figure of 22.38km/l, whereas the Maruti Suzuki Swift equipped with the AMT transmission returns a fuel efficiency figure of 22.56km/l
The newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG features dual independent Electronic Control Units (ECU) and an intelligent injection system to provide optimum air-fuel ratio. This system provides good performance without sacrificing fuel efficiency.
Also, Maruti Suzuki has used stainless steel pipes and integrated wiring harness to improve safety by avoiding rusting and short circuit. In addition to that, Maruti Suzuki has installed a microswitch that does not let the engine start while refilling the CNG.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG
The newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG is expected to be a decent seller in India with particularly high demand in urban areas. Moreover, the success of the Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG will help the Indo-Japanese automaker to further increase its market share.