- 15 hrs ago 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny & Fronx Clock More Than 14,000 Bookings – Waiting Period Shoots Up
- 19 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Bookings Reopen – Updated Diesel Engine, Features & More
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Front Suspension Issue – Official Statement Out
- Finance For Hindenburg Research, 'Adani Group' Is A 'Man-Made Disaster' In The Making
- Sports Athlete turned entrepreneur Diksha Chhillar is bringing new waves of change in sports industry
- Movies Throwback: Priyanka Choudhary Reveals Ankit Gupta’s First Compliment For Her; Says ‘Isne Mujhe Bola Ki….’
- News Similar to Khanjawala accident, car hits scooty, drags rider for 350 meters in Delhi
- Lifestyle Makeup Tips: How To Fix Cakey Makeup Without Taking It Off?
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki has revealed its sales numbers for November 2022. Maruti Suzuki's cumulative sales (Domestic PV & CV sales and exports) stood at 159,044 units for November.
Maruti Suzuki's sales rose by 14.26 per cent Year-over-Year (19,860 units) compared to November 2021 when the company sold a total of 139,184 vehicles. While most of the numbers were in the black, Maruti's exports and Van (Eeco) sales were both down slightly.
In the passenger vehicle segment, Maruti Suzuki continued its dominance of the domestic car market selling 132,395 cars, vans and SUVs last month.
Domestic car sales rose by 20.66 per cent or 22,669 units Year-over-Year compared to November 2021. Last year, Maruti sold 1,09,726 passenger vehicles in the month of November.
However, when compared to the previous month of sales, Maruti Suzuki's sales were actually in the red. Month-over-Month sales dropped by 5.66 per cent or 7,942 units compared to October 2022 when Maruti Suzuki sold a total of 1,40,337 units mainly thanks to the festive Dusshera Diwali season.
Sales of Maruti's lineup of entry-level Alto and S-Presso hatchbacks rose by 4.4 per cent or 778 units Year-over-Year to 18,251 units. Maruti's compact car range (Celerio, Swift, WagonR, Dzire, Tour S, Ignis, Baleno) were up by 27.82 per cent compared to last year, rising to 72,844 units.
Sales of the Ciaz sedan were also in the black rising by 42.69 per cent Y-o-Y to 1,554 units. However, sales of Maruti's only van, the Eeco was down compared to November 2021, dropping by nearly 25 per cent to 7,183 units. Hopefully, the launch of the new Eeco should stop the downward trend.
Maruti Suzuki though will be very pleased with the performance of its MPVs (Ertiga, XL6) and SUV (Brezza, S-Cross, Grand Vitara) as the carmaker has doubled down on the Utility Vehicle segment in recent times. Sales of Maruti's Utility vehicles were up by 32.5 per cent rising to 32,563 units last month.
Maruti shipments to other OEMs (namely Toyota) were also slightly down dropping by nearly 11 per cent Y-o-Y to 4,225 units. Sales of Maruti's only commercial vehicle, Super Carry were also in the red dropping by just over 19 per cent to 2,660 units. Exports were also in the red, dropping by 7.7 per cent Y-o-Y to 19,738 units last month.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki's November Sales
Maruti Suzuki continued its dominance of the Indian car market in November 2022. We expect Maruti's dominance to continue as the carmaker looks set to push out even more cars at Auto Expo early next year.