- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic - All You Need To Know
- 6 hrs ago 2022 Ola S1 Comes With More Range, Top Speed & Features
- 9 hrs ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- 23 hrs ago Mahindra BE & Twin Peaks Electric SUV Brands Revealed - 5 New EVs Unveiled
- News New India? Opposition slams PM Modi over release of Bilkis Bano case convicts
- Finance This Navratna PSU Stock Has Potential To Gain 60%, Buy For Target Price Of Rs 191: ICICI Securities
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
- Movies Prabhas' Rs 400-Crore Film Salaar To Clash With Hrithik Roshan's Fighter; Will The Latter Avoid Locking Horns?
- Sports Rishabh Pant has a slight edge over KL Rahul as future India Test captain, opines Aakash Chopra
- Technology Xiaomi’s New 32" Budget Smart TV Costs Rs. 16,999: Key Features, Specs & Competition
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- Education 2022 NATA Phase 3 Result is announced; Know how to download your scorecard
Ahead of the launch, the prices of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV have been leaked online. According to this leaked information, prices for the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV start from Rs 9.50 lakh, ex-showroom.
This means the base ‘Sigma' variant of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is around Rs 94,000 less than the base variant of the Hyundai Creta SUV.
Moreover, the leaked information also reveals the prices of all other variants of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV.
According to this leaked information, the ‘Delta' trim of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is priced at Rs 11.00 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the manual variant and the automatic variant costs Rs 1.50 lakh more at Rs 12.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The ‘Zeta' trim of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV equipped with manual transmission is priced at Rs 12.00 lakh (ex-showroom, India), whereas the automatic variant under the same trim costs Rs 13.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
On the other hand, the top-end ‘Alpha' trim of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is priced at Rs 13.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the manual variant and Rs 15.00 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the ‘Alpha' automatic variant.
Also, the ‘Alpha' trim of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV equipped with Suzuki's renowned All-Grip all-wheel-drive system costs Rs 15.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Moreover, the strong hybrid version of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara is available in ‘Zeta+' and ‘Alpha+' trim levels. These variants are even more expensive at Rs 17.00 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 18.00 lakh (ex-showroom, India), respectively.
Also, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV equipped with the strong hybrid powertrain is currently the most fuel-efficient SUV in India with a claimed mileage of 27.9km/l.
This powertrain uses a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally-aspirated, Atkinson cycle engine along with an electric motor produces a total of 114.5bhp of peak power and 122Nm of peak torque. Unlike the mild hybrid variants of this SUV, the strong hybrid powertrain uses an eCVT gearbox for seamless power delivery.
On the other hand, the mild hybrid variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, naturally-aspirated engine with 101bhp of peak power and 136Nm of peak torque.
This engine can be specified with either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. However, the all-wheel-drive variant can only be specified with the 5-speed manual gearbox.
Speaking about the all-wheel-drive variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, it comes with switchable modes - Sport, Snow, Auto and Lock.
It is also worth mentioning that the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is not only the first Maruti Suzuki model to feature a panoramic sunroof, but it is also the only SUV in its segment to offer an all-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts About 2022 Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Pricing
Though the leaked pricing seems like an absolute bargain, we are not sure if this will be the actual pricing for the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV as the prices seem a bit too ‘optimistic'.
However, if Maruti Suzuki is able to launch the Grand Vitara SUV at this price, the SUV will soon become a default choice for many SUV buyers in India.