- 5 min ago Hero Sales Plummet – Honda Almost Becomes Largest Two Wheeler Manufacturer In India
- 1 hr ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 3 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Priyanka Chahar Chaudhary Says ‘Ghar Basana Hai'; Archana Promises To Hunt A Suitable Groom
- Sports World Cup 2022: Stats and Facts as France and England set quarterfinals meet
- Finance Motilal Oswal Bullish On This Midcap Aditya Birla Group Stock, Suggests Buy For Robust 21% Gains
- Education HTET 2022 Answer Key Out; Check All Details Here
- News Now, Congress leader asks Modi govt to take back PoK
- Technology Google Testing End-to-End Encryption For Group Messages; Emoji Support Also Expected
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Grand Vitara SUV in India and the prices for the model start at Rs 10.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India). As such, here's everything you need to know about the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV.
The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV comes with two hybrid engine options. The mild-hybrid engine is the automaker's tried-and-tested 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, naturally-aspirated petrol engine. This engine sports an Integrated starter generator and produces a total of 102bhp of peak power and 135Nm of peak torque.
The next engine option is a 114bhp strong hybrid unit sourced from Toyota. The internal-combustion engine is a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally-aspirated, Atkinson-cycle, petrol engine capable of producing 91bhp of peak power and 122Nm of peak torque. Apart from that, the electric motor that is part of the hybrid unit produces 78bhp of power and 144Nm of torque.
Thanks to the electric motor, the strong hybrid variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV can travel up to 25km on pure electric power.
Gearbox options in the mild-hybrid variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV include a 5-speed manual transmission and a 6-speed automatic transmission. On the other hand, the strong hybrid variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV uses an eCVT gearbox.
It is also worth mentioning that the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV equipped with this mild-hybrid engine can also be specified with an all-wheel-drive system. However, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV equipped with the all-wheel-drive comes exclusively with a 5-speed manual transmission.
The most obvious and the most alluring USP of having a hybrid powertrain is its fuel efficiency, and the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara doesn't disappoint either as the SUV is currently the most fuel-efficient SUV available in India with a fuel efficiency figure of 28km/l.
Bookings for the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is now open and the booking amount is capped at Rs 11,000. It is also worth mentioning that the total bookings for the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV has now crossed 53,000 units, and the Strong Hybrid variant has racked up almost half the bookings.
With the launch of the Grand Vitara SUV, Maruti Suzuki will rival the likes of other C-segment SUVs such as Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushaq, Volkswagen Taigun, Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder and MG Astor in India.
Out of these models, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder is Toyota's iteration of the Grand Vitara and as a result, both vehicles are almost identical.
In terms of features, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is the first Maruti Suzuki model to feature a panoramic sunroof and it is also the only SUV in its segment to be offered with an all-wheel-drive layout.
Other features on the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV include a heads-up display, a large 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, connected car tech, wireless charging, ambient lighting, all-LED lighting, ventilated seats, digital instrument cluster and many more.
In terms of safety features, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is equipped with safety systems such as 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, hill decent control, hill start assist, disc brakes on all four wheels, ESC, ISOFIX anchoring points and more.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV
With an aggressive price tag, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV sure looks to be another success story for the Indo-Japanese automaker. Moreover, the success of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is very crucial for Maruti Suzuki as it will open a whole new segment for the automaker in the country.