- 13 hrs ago Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- 17 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic - All You Need To Know
- 20 hrs ago 2022 Ola S1 Comes With More Range, Top Speed & Features
- 23 hrs ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- News Kashmir cops bust terrorist hideout, recover arms and ammunition
- Sports Medvedev and Kyrgios on quarter-final collision course at the Western & Southern Open
- Finance Mahanagar Gas Cuts PNG And CNG Prices, On Higher Supply From Govt
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Blames Aditya Chopra For Recent YRF Flops; 'He Needs To Empower People, Not Dictate Them'
- Technology Here’s How Hackers Are Exploiting New Vulnerabilities Within Minutes
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Lifestyle Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Maruti Suzuki has opened bookings for its newly launched Grand Vitara SUV. This SUV rivals the likes of other C-segment SUVs such as Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushaq, Volkswagen Taigun, and MG Astor in India.
Despite the highly competitive segment, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV has bagged 20,000 bookings, out of which almost half of the total number of bookings are for the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara equipped with the strong hybrid powertrain.
The success of the Grand Vitara SUV will give the Indo-Japanese automaker lot of confidence in introducing more premium cars in India - Traditionally a segment Maruti Suzuki has failed to replicate the success of its more affordable models.
One of the reasons for the success of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV could be attributed to its powertrain options as the SUV is available exclusively with hybrid engine options. These engine options include one mild-hybrid unit and one strong hybrid unit.
Both of these powertrain options not only reduce the carbon footprint, but they also provide excellent fuel efficiency figures. In fact, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is the most fuel-efficient SUV currently available in India with a fuel efficiency figure of 28km/l.
Coming to the strong hybrid powertrain in the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV, it uses a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally-aspirated, Atkinson-cycle, petrol engine. This internal combustion engine produces a total of 91bhp of peak power and 122Nm of peak torque.
Being a hybrid, this engine is supported by a 78bhp electric motor with 144Nm of torque. Together, this powertrain produces 114bhp of peak power and uses an eCVT gearbox to drive its front wheels. Thanks to the electric motor, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV can travel up to 25km on pure electric power - A worthy feature to have in congested metro cities.
The next powertrain option is the 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, naturally-aspirated petrol engine with an Integrated starter generator. This engine produces a total of 102bhp of peak power and 135Nm of peak torque. Gearbox options include a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
It is also worth mentioning that the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV equipped with this mild-hybrid powertrain can be specified with an all-wheel-drive system. However, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV equipped with the all-wheel-drive system can only be specced with the 5-speed manual transmission.
In terms of features, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is the first Maruti Suzuki model to feature a panoramic sunroof and the only SUV in its segment to be offered with an all-wheel-drive system.
Other notable features on the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV includes a heads-up display, a large 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, connected car tech, wireless charging, ambient lighting, all-LED lighting, ventilated seats, digital instrument cluster and many more.
In terms of safety features, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV comes equipped with safety features such as 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, hill decent control, hill start assist, disc brakes on all four wheels, ESC, ISOFIX anchoring points and a few more.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV
The launch and the success of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV will be crucial as it will open a whole new market for Maruti Suzuki in India.