- 1 hr ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson First Drive Review - Extreme Extroverted Tranquility
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Spotted At Khardung La Within A Week From Its Launch In India
- Sports ONE Fight Night 1: Demetrious Johnson reveals plan to defeat Adriano Moraes in rematch
- Finance Bank Of Maharashtra Tops List Of PSU Lenders, In Q1 Loan, Deposit Growth
- Lifestyle 10 Exercises That Burn More Calories Than Running
- News 6 held as 2,000 live cartridges recovered in east Delhi ahead of I-Day celebrations, terror angle not ruled ou
- Technology Xiaomi Watch S1 Pro Is Brand's First Watch To Offer Temperature Tracking; Price & Specs
- Movies Macherla Niyojakavargam Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download
- Travel World Elephant Day 2022: Wildlife Destinations for Sighting Elephants in India
- Education Telangana EAMCET Results 2022 is declared: know how to check your TS EAMCET 2022 Results here!
The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is one of the most-awaited SUVs in India. Now, the top-of-the-line 'Alpha' variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara has started arriving at Nexa dealerships across the country.
Looking at the various videos of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV in the dealerships, it seems that Maruti Suzuki may have finally cracked the 10++ lakh segment in India as the SUV garn a lot of attention.
In addition to that, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV is the first vehicle of the Indo-Japanese automaker to feature a panoramic sunroof.
It is also worth mentioning that the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara has been co-developed by Maruti Suzuki and Toyota, and during the development, the Maruti Suzuki's iteration was codenamed 'YFG' and Toyota's iteration was codenamed 'D22' (Urban Cruiser Hyryder).
Since the SUV has been co-developed by both companies, both Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara and Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder come with similar powertrain options, features and safety systems.
Now coming back to the top-of-the-line Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV, the model is available in 5 monotone and 3 dual-tone colour options. The monotone colour options include colours such as Arctic White, Splendid Silver, Grandeur Grey, Chestnut Brown, Nexa Blue and Opulent Red.
Stand-out features of the top-of-the-line Alpha trim include Leatherette seats and steering wheel, panoramic sunroof, Drive mode selector (All-Grip only), 360-degree surround-view camera, tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) (Alpha+ only), and Hill descent control (All-Grip only).
In addition to these features, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara also comes with a large 9.0-inch Smart Play Pro+ infotainment unit, ventilated front seats, heads-up display, wireless charger, connected car tech, cruise control, rear AC vents, push button start/stop, keyless entry, auto folding ORVMs, and much more.
In terms of safety, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Alpha and Alpha+ trim features 6 airbags, rear parking sensors, electronic stability program (ESP), hill hold assist, ISOFIX points, ABS with EBD, Day&Night IRVM and many more.
Speaking about the powertrain options, the strong-hybrid powertrain comes with a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally-aspirated Atkinson cycle petrol engine with 114.5bhp of peak power and uses an eCVT gearbox.
On the other hand, the mild-hybrid unit that uses a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, naturally-aspirated engine. This mild-hybrid powertrain produces a maximum of 101.6bhp of peak power and comes mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Moreover, this powertrain in the Alpha trim can be specified with All-Grip all-wheel-drive system - Which makes it the only SUV in its segment to offer an all-wheel-drive.
Though Maruti Suzuki is yet to reveal the prices, we expect the top-end variant to be priced above Rs 14.50 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara 'Alpha'
The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara 'Alpha' and 'Alpha+' variants come loaded with features and can satisfy many tech-savvy buyers. However, the company could have offered ADAS at least as a paid option. This will not only increase desirability but will also improve the safety of the vehicle.