- 57 min ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 2 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- 3 hrs ago TVS Buys 75% Stake In SEMG — Forays into E-Bike Market
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Micra Replacement Will Be Fully Electric
- Sports Ranji Trophy: BCCI to conduct premier domestic tournament in 2 parts, league phase in February, KOs in June
- News PM Narendra Modi inspects National Cadet Corps NCC rally at Cariappa Ground in Delhi
- Finance Union Budget 2022: No Halwa Ceremony This Year To Maintain Safety Protocol
- Technology Facebook Messenger Introduces Snapchat-Like Screenshot Notification; GIFs, Message Reaction Also Added
- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Rakhi Sawant Slams Abhijit Bichukale For His Comments Against Salman Khan; Read Statement
- Lifestyle Expert Article: 7 Warning Signs Of Brain Tumour To Be Aware Of
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In Winter Of 2022
Maruti Suzuki is one of the first automotive brands in India to introduce factory-fitted CNG cars. At present, the Indian automotive giant has the largest model lineup of factory-fitted CNG cars in the country.
At present, there are 6 different models from Maruti Suzuki that come with a factory-fitted CNG kit. Though this model lineup includes hatchbacks and MPVs such as Alto, WagonR, S-Presso, Celerio, Eeco and Ertiga the brand is yet to introduce a CNG version of their popular SUV, the Vitara Brezza.
According to a few sources, Maruti Suzuki is now preparing to launch the CNG version of the new Vitara Brezza in the country by April 2022.
As part of the update, Maruti Suzuki will be ditching the "Vitara" moniker from "Vitara Brezza". This means the updated model will be called "Maruti Suzuki Brezza" instead of "Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza".
Apart from that, the updated version of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza is likely to continue the usage of the 1.5-litre K15B naturally-aspirated petrol engine. Though this engine produces 103.53bhp and 138Nm of torque, expect the CNG variant to produce slightly lesser power and torque outputs.
Since the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is also powered by the same 1.5-litre K15B engine and the CNG variant of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga produces 90.7bhp and 122Nm of torque, expect the updated CNG version of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza to sport an almost identical power and torque outputs.
Apart from that, thanks to the lower kerb weight, expect the CNG version of the updated Maruti Suzuki Brezza to be slightly more fuel-efficient than the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.
As part of the update, expect the new Maruti Suzuki Brezza to sport slightly more upmarket looking interiors and a lot more features such as a sunroof, paddle shifters, wireless connectivity and much more.
Though the CNG version of the upcoming updated Maruti Suzuki Brezza may enjoy the lack of competition at the time of launch, Tata Motors will soon launch the CNG version of the Tata Nexon post the launch of CNG versions of Tata Tiago and Tata Tigor.
Thoughts About The Upcoming CNG Version Of Maruti Suzuki Brezza
Thanks to rising fuel prices and ever-tightening emission norms, CNG seems to be an ideal source of fuel for passenger cars in India. With the launch of the CNG version of the updated Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Maruti Suzuki is highly likely to boost its sales further.
Source: AutoCar India