- 22 min ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 1 hr ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- Finance Job Postings In Travel & Tourism Sector Sees 4 Percent Rise In December: Report
- News Republic Day 2022 Live Updates: President Kovind to address the nation at 7 pm
- Sports Australian Open: Nadal refutes Shapovalov's claims of special treatment
- Technology Redmi Note 11s India Pricing & Detailed Features Revealed Ahead Of Feb 9 Launch
- Movies Amazon Prime Video Drops The Teaser Of Danish Sait-Starrer One Cut Two Cut
- Lifestyle Expert Talks About The Importance Of Healthy Weight, The Key For Good Health
- Education UCEED Answer Key 2022 Released At uceed.iitb.ac.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Mahindra XUV700 is one of the most-awaited SUVs in the country. The SUV racked up more than 65,000 bookings in just two weeks. Moreover, the first 25,000 of these bookings were made during the first 1 hour.
Since the Mahindra XUV700 has high demand in the market, the waiting period for some variants goes beyond 70 weeks.
Though Mahindra has previously hiked the price of XUV700, following the new year, Mahindra has yet again hiked the prices of XUV700 up to Rs 81,000.
This means, the Mahindra XUV700 range now starts from Rs 12.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base MX 5-seater variant equipped with petrol engine and manual transmission, resulting in a price difference of Rs 96,000 compared to its launch pricing.
Whereas the top-end AX7 Luxury variant of the petrol-powered Mahindra XUV700 equipped with an automatic transmission now costs Rs 75,000 more at Rs 22.04 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
That being said, the diesel range now starts from Rs 13.47 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base 5-seater MX variant, which is around Rs 48,000 more expensive. On the other hand, the top-end AX7 Luxury variant of the diesel Mahindra XUV700 with an automatic transmission and AWD system witnessed the highest price hike of Rs 81,000 and now costs Rs 23.80 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
As mentioned earlier, since the XUV700 has a long waiting period, the price protection will be available for the first 50,000 bookings only. This means the rest of the customers will have to pay the prevailing prices at the time of delivery or once the vehicle has been allotted.
The Mahindra XUV700 comes with a choice of one petrol engine and two diesel engines and gearbox options include a 6-speed manual transmission and a 6-speed automatic gearbox, both of which are available with petrol and diesel powertrains.
The petrol engine is a 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 197bhp and 380Nm of torque, resulting in a spirited performance.
On the other hand, both the diesel engines are 2.2-litre turbocharged units, in which the more powerful version delivers 182bhp and 450Nm of torque, whereas the diesel engine used in the lower variants puts out a respectable 153bhp and 360Nm of torque.
Despite Mahindra launching the XUV700 with an aggressive price tag, Mahindra has not cut corners with the safety of the car. In fact, Mahindra XUV700 has been awarded a 5-star rating by Global-NCAP.
Moreover, Mahindra has also secured a 4-star rating by Global-NCAP for Child Safety. This makes the Mahindra XUV700 one of the safest 7-seater SUVs in the country.
To achieve the 5-star safety rating, the Mahindra XUV700 comes with advanced safety features such as seven airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and many more.
Like its predecessor, Mahindra has loaded the new XUV700 with many features such as dual-zone climate control, adaptive cruise control, a 360-degree camera, powered front seats with memory function, drive modes, panoramic sunroof, electronic parking brake, wireless charging, a multi-function flat-bottom steering wheel, and a few more.
Thoughts About Mahindra XUV700
Despite the price hike, the Mahindra XUV700 is still one of the best VFM SUVs you can buy in India. Apart from that, the Mahindra XUV700 is one of the most-feature packed SUVs in the country and offers punchy powertrain options, making it an ideal SUV for a wide range of audiences.