- 1 hr ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Features, Safety, Powertrain, Variants, Warranty, Price & More
- 1 hr ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Sales Rise By 59% Y-o-Y In June 2022
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Hyundai Venue Vs 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza - Which New Sub-4m SUV Should You Buy?
- Sports Adriano Moraes looking forward to legacy-defining rematch with Demetrious Johnson at ONE 161
- News Udaipur murder: Did Centre transfer Kanhaiya Lal case to NIA to hide this, asks Congress
- Movies Mani Ratnam's Ponniyin Selvan To Hit The Big Screens In Two Instalments
- Lifestyle 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Finance Geojit Is Bullish On This Mid-Cap Banking Stock, Sees 21% Upside
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Technology Nokia T10 Tablet Clears FCC Listing With 5100mAh Battery
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
Mahindra has bagged the Safer Choice award from Global-NCAP for achieving high levels of safety standards in the Mahindra XUV700 SUV.
Last year, Mahindra XUV was given a 5-Star rating for adult occupant protection at the Global-NCAP. Moreover, the SUV also achieved a respectable 4-Star rating for child occupant protection.
After this, Mahindra again submitted the XUV700 for further evaluation of the model for pedestrian and ESC requirements.
In order to qualify for the Global-NCAP Safer Choice awards, the vehicle must achieve a 5-Star rating and a 4-Star rating for adult occupant protection and child occupant protection, respectively. Also, the model must offer ESC and meet a number of performance requirements according to United Nations regulations.
Recently, Mahindra delivered 30,000 units of Mahindra XUV700 SUVs in India. This feat was achieved in just 8 months from its launch - A remarkable feat considering the ongoing chip shortage and pandemic-related difficulties.
However, Mahindra is yet to deliver more than 70,000 units of Mahindra XUV700 SUVs in the country and long waiting periods continue to disappoint new customers. At present, the waiting periods for the Mahindra XUV700 goes as high as 24 months for some variants. However, the base 'MX' variant has a much lesser waiting period compared to 'AX' variants of the SUV.
Speaking about the Mahindra XUV700, the 3-row SUV comes with numerous latest features and technology, making it a very good value for money proposition.
The Mahindra XUV700 SUV comes loaded with features such as a large touchscreen infotainment unit, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, a fully digital instrument cluster, dual-zone climate control, a 360-degree camera, adaptive cruise control, wireless charging, a multi-function flat-bottom steering wheel, panoramic sunroof, powered front seats with memory function, drive modes, electronic parking brake, and a many more features.
To achieve the 5-Star safety rating, the new Mahindra XUV700 comes with safety features such as 7 airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability program (ESP), Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), and more.
The Mahindra XUV700 comes with 3 engine options - One petrol engine and two diesel engines. Gearbox options include a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic gearbox that can be optioned with both petrol and diesel powertrains.
The petrol engine is a 2.0-litre turbocharged, 4-cylinder engine with 197bhp of peak power and 380Nm of peak torque. Both the diesel engines are 2.2-litre turbocharged units, however, the more powerful version pushes out 182bhp of peak power and 450Nm of torque, whereas the diesel engine used in the base 'MX' variant pushes out 153bhp of peak power and 360Nm of peak torque.
The new Mahindra XUV700 prices range from Rs 13.18 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base petrol variant with manual transmission to Rs 24.58 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the top-end diesel variant equipped with an automatic gearbox and AWD. Moreover, the SUV competes against a wide range of SUVs ranging from Hyundai Creta to Tata Safari.
Thoughts About Mahindra XUV700
The Mahindra XUV700 is among the safest SUV in the Indian automobile market and the recent award from Global-NCAP is a testament to its safety.