- 1 hr ago 2023 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Special Edition Launched At Rs 1.30 Lakh – Sports Bullpup Exhaust
- 4 hrs ago Pravaig Defy – Top 5 Things
- 7 hrs ago Volkswagen, Skoda Facility In Aurangabad Now Runs On 100 Per Cent Solar Energy
- 9 hrs ago Toyota Innova Hycross Vs Mahindra XUV700 – Powertrain, Features & More
- Movies HIT: The Second Case Pre-Release Business: Everything About Adivi Sesh's Latest Crime Thriller!
- News I'll quit filmmaking if any single shot is proven not true: Vivek Agnihotri to Lapid on 'Kashmir Files' row
- Technology Jio Cloud Gaming Launched In India: How to Sign Up For JioGamesCloud?
- Sports PKL: Win against Bengaluru Bulls will boost our hopes for top-two: Jaipur Pink Panthers’ captain Sunil Kumar
- Lifestyle Vampire Skin Trend On Social Media: What Is It? Steps To Get It!
- Finance ICICI Direct Sticks To This Retail Sector Stock, Suggests Buy For Good Gains In 12 Months
- Travel Little Diomede Island – An Island That Separates The USA And Russia
- Education DU PG Admission 2022: Schedule Released; Check Here
The second-generation Mahindra Thar SUV has been a runaway success for Mahindra in India.
Though the second-generation Mahindra Thar SUV was launched back in 2020, the demand for the off-road focussed SUV is still high in the Indian market.
Now, despite the high demand for the Mahindra Thar SUV in India, the company has updated the model ahead of the year-end. Moreover, the latest update is a mechanical one, however, not everyone will be happy with the latest update.
Furthermore, Mahindra is not shouting about this mechanical update to Thar SUV as the company has deleted a very important feature from the SUV which could hurt the off-road ability of the SUV upto some extent.
Diving into details, Mahindra is no longer offering the Thar SUV with mechanical locking differentials as standard fitment. Moreover, the locking differential is now an optional extra and it can only be specified with the top-spec 'LX' trim level of the SUV.
Also, offering the locking differential only on the top-spec trim will be a turn-off for many off-road enthusiasts as base variants are better suited for harsh off-road conditions as these SUVs have lesser things to get affected while getting thrashed.
Mechanical locking differentials were first introduced in Mahindra Thar back in 2015, and this feature helps the SUV by detecting traction loss and sending the power to the wheels with the most traction. On top of that, Force Gurkha SUV comes with two locking differentials - One at the front and the other at the rear.
Mahindra is now gearing up to launch the much-awaited 5-door version of the Thar SUV in India. Since this model is based on the Scorpio N platform, we expect this model to be also offered in 2WD variant to keep the starting price on the aggressive side.
Thoughts About Mahindra Thar Update
Though the latest update to the Mahindra Thar SUV could be a turn-off for many off-road enthusiasts, many of Thar's customers are lifestyle buyers and may not require a locking differential for their light off-road runs. On top of that, the success of the 2WD Toyota Fortuner speaks about the mindset of many customers in India.