- 5 hrs ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 5 hrs ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- 10 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- Sports Rain threat looms over sell-out India-South Africa T20 clash; arrangements in place, say organisers
- News Kanpur accident: At least 22 killed as tractor carrying pilgrims overturns
- Finance Cryptocurrency Fails To Stabilize, Market-cap Slips 1.39%: Bitcoin Plunges To US$ 19,286
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Elimination Week 4: Will It Be Arohi?
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Mahindra has been on an upward trajectory since they launched the all-new Mahindra Thar, following that Mahindra launched the XUV700 SUV, and recently they launched the Mahindra Scorpio N and the Mahindra Scorpio Classic.
That being said, all the behind-the-scenes hard work is now paying off as the company achieves its best-ever sales by managing to sell 29,852 units in August 2022. Also, we expect these numbers to be just the tip of the iceberg as Mahindra has bagged more than 1 lakh bookings for the new Scorpio N SUV.
In addition to that, Mahindra has also bagged 1.5 lakh bookings for the previously launched XUV700 SUV as well. As such, we expect the sales figures to go up once Mahindra increases the production of both these SUVs.
|Sales||Aug 2022 Sales Vs||Growth %|
|August 2022||29,852||August 2021||86.9|
|August 2021||15,973||July 2022||6.4|
Overall, Mahindra is already sitting on an order of more than 2.5 lakh vehicles and despite the long waiting periods, customers are willing to wait for their new Mahindra SUVs. It is also worth mentioning that the waiting period for a few variants goes up to 2 years as well.
Coming to the headline figures, 29,852 units of Mahindra passenger vehicles were sold in August 2022, resulting in more than 86 per cent increase in YoY sales figures as the company had previously managed to sell just 15,786 units in August 2021.
In terms of MoM sales figures, the company witnessed an increase of more than 6 per cent as the company managed to sell just 28,053 units in July 2022.
That being said, Mahindra is now testing the upcoming 5-door variant of the Mahindra Thar SUV and we expect this model to become even more successful than the already successful new-gen Mahindra Thar (3-door variant).
Also, we expect this upcoming Mahindra Thar 5-door SUV to be priced similar to the Mahindra Scorpio N SUV as both SUVs share an almost identical platform. However, to avoid direct competition, we expect the upcoming Thar 5-door to sport fewer features compared to the similarly priced Scorpio N variant.
That being said, Mahindra has already teased the upcoming all-electric XUV400 SUV on Ganesh Chaturti. We expect this model to rival the likes of the Tata Nexon EV and Tata Nexon EV Max.
Last month, Mahindra hosted a major event to promote its future electric SUV models, where the company unveiled electric SUVs such as XUV.e8, XUV.e9, BE.05, BE.07, and BE.09. Along with these SUVs, Mahindra also unveiled its upcoming INGLO electric platform that would underpin the above listed electric SUVs.
That being said, Mahindra is currently one of the fastest-growing brands in India and we expect sales figures for Mahindra to shoot up once the manufacturer increases its production capacity. Also, with its upcoming launches, it will be difficult for the automaker to balance production and demand.
Thoughts About Mahindra Sales Figures - August 2022
Mahindra has truly outperformed itself in August 2022 by clocking 29,852 unit sales. However, these numbers could easily go up once the automaker increases the production of its vehicles as the waiting period for some models go as far as 2 years.