- 6 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 9 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 10 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- Movies Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu Release Date: Silambarasan's Film To Hit The Theatres On September 15
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Recently, a 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N test vehicle has been spotted with side-facing jump seats on the last row. We expect this variant likely to be the base 7-seater variant powered by the diesel engine in a lower state of tune.
From the spied images of the 2022 Mahindra Scorpio, we can also see that the SUV is using Brown colour on the rear jump seats like the rest of the cabin for an upmarket feel. Moreover, with this picture being released online, it becomes more evident that Mahindra will not be offering captain seats on the second row in the base variants.
Earlier, Mahindra had released the interior pictures of the upcoming new Mahindra Scorpio N. However, that vehicle featured front-facing seats on the last row.
Speaking about the 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N, the upcoming SUV will come with not two but three engine options. This includes one petrol and two diesel powertrains.
We expect the base diesel engine to be the same engine that powers the Mahindra Thar. That engine in the Thar produces 130bhp of peak power and 300Nm of peak torque from its 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel unit.
Though this engine comes with both manual and automatic gearbox options in the Mahindra Thar, the upcoming Mahindra Scorpio N with this diesel engine will come mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. Also, we do not expect Mahindra to equip the 'Xplore' 4WD system with this powertrain.
The top-spec diesel engine is also a 2.2-litre turbocharged unit, but this unit produces a lot more power and torque at 172bhp and 400Nm, respectively. However, this engine produces 30Nm less torque in the variant equipped with the 6-speed manual transmission.
The petrol engine in the upcoming new Mahindra Scorpio N is a 2.0-litre turbocharged unit with 197bhp of peak power and 380Nm of peak torque. This engine can also be specified with either a 6-speed torque converter gearbox or a 6-speed manual transmission.
Speaking about 4WD, Mahindra has already confirmed both 4WD and 2WD variants of the upcoming Mahindra Scorpio N. Also, a few officially revealed interior pictures of the upcoming Mahindra Scorpio N confirm that the 4WD version gets both 4-high and 4-low gear ratios along with switchable off-road modes.
It is also worth mentioning that the 4WD system in the new Scorpio N is not only meant to look good in the brochure as Mahindra has equipped the 4WD variants with a lockable differential at the rear for improved off-road ability.
In terms of dimension, the upcoming new 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N is a big SUV that measures 4,662mm long, 1,917mm wide, 1,870mm tall, and sports a wheelbase of 2,750mm. Also, the new Mahindra Scorpio N can be specified either with a 2+2+2 or 2+2+3 seating arrangement.
Thoughts About The New 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N
The launch of the Mahindra Scorpio N will be crucial for the automaker as the SUV is expected to significantly boost the overall sales figures for the company.