- 15 hrs ago 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny & Fronx Clock More Than 14,000 Bookings – Waiting Period Shoots Up
- 20 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Bookings Reopen – Updated Diesel Engine, Features & More
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Front Suspension Issue – Official Statement Out
- News PM Modi in Rajasthan today to take part in birth anniversary celebrations of Lord Devnarayan
- Finance 'Sebi' Bans 19 Entities From Securities Mkt For Fraudulent Trading In Superior Finlease Shares
- Sports Athlete turned entrepreneur Diksha Chhillar is bringing new waves of change in sports industry
- Movies Throwback: Priyanka Choudhary Reveals Ankit Gupta’s First Compliment For Her; Says ‘Isne Mujhe Bola Ki….’
- Lifestyle Makeup Tips: How To Fix Cakey Makeup Without Taking It Off?
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
In a not-so-shocking move, Mahindra has decided to remove its flagship model, the Alturas G4 SUV from its official website.
That being said, the Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV struggled to churn sales in the Indian automobile market despite the automaker investing a good amount of money into its marketing.
Though a very solid and likeable SUV with massive road presence and more than decent refinement, the SUV had some negatives such as poor third-row seating and cheap-looking accessories. These reasons limited the Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV from reaching its full potential.
On top of that, the Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV was very well equipped considering that the flagship Mahindra SUV was launched almost 4 years ago. In fact, the Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV was equipped with features such as a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a 360-degree surround-view camera, ventilated front seats with memory function for the driver, powered tailgate, leather seats, 2-zone climate control, 7-inch MID, and many more.
However, the lack of updates from Mahindra soon made the Alturas G4 SUV lose out against its main competitors in India as they also started offering most of the above-mentioned features offered on the Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV. Though Mahindra used to have a price advantage over its main rivals such as the Toyota Fortuner and Isuzu mu-X.
In terms of powertrain, the Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV was equipped with a 2.2-litre, turbocharged, 4-cylinder, diesel engine. This engine produces 178.49bhp of peak power and 400Nm of peak torque. Though this engine is on par with its competition at the time of its launch, the icing on the cake was the 7-speed automatic transmission, which was better and more refined than the 6-speed automatic transmissions used by its competitors.
Other than that, the Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV comes equipped with a robust 4WD system with a low-range gearbox. However, the Alturas G4 is not a permanent all-wheel-drive SUV. Thanks to such a setup, the fuel efficiency of the Mahindra Alturas G4 was exceptionally good at times, especially with a light foot.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Alturas G4
The Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV is a capable SUV with a very refined powertrain. With proper updates and a little bit of effort from Mahindra to iron out the minor niggles, the sales figures for the Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV could have been improved by a significant margin.