- 10 hrs ago Ford India Extends Production At Its Chennai Facility Amidst Protest
- 24 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio N - All Variants Engine & Other Specifications Leaked
- 1 day ago Upcoming Toyota Hyryder Hybrid SUV Teased Ahead Of The Launch
- 1 day ago Bharat NCAP Draft Notification Approved By MoRTH: Everything You Need To Know
- News Bypolls: PM Modi hails ‘historic’ win in UP
- Lifestyle International Day Against Drug Abuse: Effects Of Drug Abuse On Teens, Treatment And Helpline Numbers
- Finance Multibagger IT Software Stock Paying 3000% Final Dividend Will Turn Ex-Dividend Next Week
- Sports Former ICC elite panel umpire Asad Rauf runs a clothes shop in Pakistan, here's the reason why
- Movies IIFA 2022: Watch The IIFA Green Carpet And Awards Ceremony Live On Dailyhunt
- Education SBI CBO Final Result 2022 Released, Download SBI Circle Based Officer 2022 Final Result PDF At sbi.co.in
- Technology Week 25, 2022 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy F13, Tecno POVA 3, POCO X4 GT, iQOO U5e, Xiaomi Book S, And More
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
South Korean car manufacturer Kia has launched the EV6 electric crossover SUV in India. Prices for the Kia EV6 in India start at Rs 59.95 lakhs (ex-showroom). Deliveries of the Kia EV6 will start in September and the allocated cars for India are already sold out.
Kia EV6 Variants & Price List
The Kia EV6 for India is offered in the top-of-the-line GT-Line trim level. The Kia EV6 GT-Line for India is available in two variants - a rear-wheel drive (RWD) version with a single electric motor and an all-wheel drive (AWD) model with dual motors (one on each axle).
The Kia EV6 GT-Line (RWD) is priced at Rs 59.95 lakhs. The Kia EV6 GT-Line (AWD) sports a price tag of Rs 64.95 lakhs.
* Please note - All Prices Mentioned are ex-showroom.
Kia EV6 Motor, Range, Battery Size, Charging Speeds & Dimensions
The Kia EV6 (RWD) is powered by a single electric motor that produces 225bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. This allows for a 0-100km/h sprint time of 7.3 seconds and a top speed of 183km/h.
The dual-motor Kia EV6 (AWD) makes use of 2 electric motors that push out 321bhp and 650Nm of peak torque. This allows the Kia EV6 (AWD) to sprint from 0-100km/h in just 5.2 seconds and onwards to a top speed of 192km/h.
Both variants of the Kia EV6 for India draw power from a 78.4kWh battery pack. The Kia EV6 (RWD) has a range of 528 kilometres while the all-wheel drive Kia EV6 has a range of 506 kilometres (all range figures are as per the WLTP testing cycle).
The Kia EV6's bespoke 800V electric architecture allows for a maximum charging speed of 350kW. When connected to a 350kW DC fast charger, the EV6 will charge from 10 to 80 per cent in just 18 minutes.
The EV6 also supports 50KW DC fast charging, India's most common fast charging solution. When connected to a 50kW DC fast charger, the EV6 will charge from 10 to 80 per cent in 73 minutes.
The Kia EV6 is 4,695mm long, 1,890mm wide, and 1,550mm tall. The Kia EV6's wheelbase is 2,900mm long. The Kia EV6's boot offers 520 litres of space.
Kia EV6 Design & Features
The Kia EV6 features a rather unique design which really makes it stand out from all the other cars on our roads. The front end features triangular headlamps with LED headlights and daytime running lights. The lower bumper section features air intakes for cooling the EV powertrain.
The Kia EV6 rides on 19-inch alloy wheels and features a slightly sloping roof which hosts a large sunroof and ends with a small spoiler element. The rear end features a raked rear windscreen. The major design feature at the rear of the EV6 is the lightbar-style taillights.
The futuristic looks of the exterior are carried over into the interiors. The Kia EV6's features vegan leather upholstery and twin 12.3-inch displays for the driver's instruments and infotainment system. The latter supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and is connected to a Meridian Sound system.
TheKia EV6 comes packed with a host of safety features including 8 airbags, all wheel disc brakes, ABS with EBD, ESP along with a host of advanced driver aids like lane keep assist (LKA), lane departure warning (LDW) and emergency lane keeping (ELK), and an advanced cruise control system among others.
Thoughts On the New Kia EV6
Kia has joined the EV revolution in India and has come out all guns blazing with the new EV6. With its aggressive price and feature-packed setup the Kia EV6 is already a big hit in India with the carmaker having to increase deliveries in India after receiving 3.5 times more bookings than it had hoped for.