- 10 hrs ago Ford India Extends Production At Its Chennai Facility Amidst Protest
- 24 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio N - All Variants Engine & Other Specifications Leaked
- 1 day ago Upcoming Toyota Hyryder Hybrid SUV Teased Ahead Of The Launch
- 1 day ago Bharat NCAP Draft Notification Approved By MoRTH: Everything You Need To Know
- Sports Mithali is an inspiration to many: PM Modi
- News 40 MLAs in Guwahati are living corpses, their souls are dead: Sanjay Raut
- Lifestyle International Day Against Drug Abuse: Effects Of Drug Abuse On Teens, Treatment And Helpline Numbers
- Finance Multibagger IT Software Stock Paying 3000% Final Dividend Will Turn Ex-Dividend Next Week
- Movies IIFA 2022: Watch The IIFA Green Carpet And Awards Ceremony Live On Dailyhunt
- Education SBI CBO Final Result 2022 Released, Download SBI Circle Based Officer 2022 Final Result PDF At sbi.co.in
- Technology Week 25, 2022 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy F13, Tecno POVA 3, POCO X4 GT, iQOO U5e, Xiaomi Book S, And More
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
American SUV manufacturer Jeep has launched the Meridian in India. Introductory prices for the Jeep Meridian 3-row SUV start at Rs 29.9 lakh. Deliveries of the new Jeep Meridian will start next month.
Jeep Meridian Price List & Variants
The Jeep Meridian is offered in five trim levels in India. The base Meridian Limited (Manual & FWD) is priced at Rs 29.90 lakhs. The Jeep Meridian Limited (O) with the same manual gearbox and front-wheel drive setup is next on the list and carries a price tag of Rs 32.40 lakhs.
The three versions with 9-speed automatic gearbox start with the FWD Meridian Limited 9AT which is priced at Rs 31,.80 lakh. The Meridian Limited (O) with the same gearbox and driven wheels combo is priced at Rs 34.30 lakhs while the all-wheel drive version of the SUV commands a price of Rs 36.95 lakh.
|Limited MT FWD||₹29,90,000|
|Limited (O) MT FWD||₹32,40,000|
|Limited 9AT FWD||₹31,80,000|
|Limited (O) 9AT FWD||₹34,30,000|
|Limited (O) 9AT 4X4||₹36,95,000|
*All Prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
Speaking at the launch of the new Jeep Meridian, Nipun J. Mahajan, Head of Jeep Brand India, said, "Brand Jeep believes it is time for Indian customers to kick-start a new adventure in the refined and capable Jeep Meridian. Our pricing reflects our intent to disrupt the segment and offer unmatched value for customers seeking a powerful, spacious, and sophisticated SUV."
Jeep Meridian Engine Specs & Dimensions
The Jeep Meridian is powered by the Stellantis Group's 2.0-litre turbocharged Multiair diesel engine that produces 168bhp at 3,750rpm and 350Nm of peak torque between 1,750 and 2,500rpm. The engine on the Jeep Meridian returns an ARAI certified mileage of up to 16.2km/l.
The Jeep Meridian's engine is paired with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 9-speed automatic gearbox that sends power to either the front or all four wheels (only with the auto box).
The new Jeep Meridian is 4,769mm long, 1,859mm wide and 1,682mm tall and the SUV's wheelbase measures in at 2,636m long.
Jeep Meridian Design & Features
The Jeep Meridian's design is quite similar to that of the smaller Compass SUV. Up at the front, the sleek LED projector headlamps flank either side of the iconic Jeep 7-slatted grille. The front bumper features a chrome bar running across its entire width along with a large air intake.
The lower sections of the front bumper, wheel arches, side sills and rear bumper sport black cladding to give the Meridian a more tougher look. The Jeep Meridian rides on new 18-inch alloy wheels. The Meridian sports sleek LED taillights at the rear that are inspired by those on the larger Grand Cherokee SUV.
Step inside the Jeep Meridian and you're greeted by an interior draped in Emperador Brown upholstery. The Dash is a multi-layered unit and holds up the 10.25-inch driver's display and the 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The infotainment unit is connected to an Alpine Audio system.
The Jeep Meridian comes packed with 60 plus safety features including traction control, hill hold assist, electronic stability control, ABS with EBD and a 360-degree camera.
Thoughts On the Jeep Meridian SUV
Jeep has been aggressive with the pricing of the new Meridian SUV. The new 3-row SUV comes packed with a boatload of features and brilliant off-roading ability that will ensure that Jeep will sell quite a few Meridians in the future.