- 14 min ago Kia Sales Grow By 60 Per Cent Y-o-Y In June 2022 - Records Highest-Ever Monthly Sales
- 1 hr ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Features, Safety, Powertrain, Variants, Warranty, Price & More
- 2 hrs ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Sales Rise By 59% Y-o-Y In June 2022
- Finance 3 Stocks To Go Ex-Bonus Next Week: Check Details
- Sports Fact Check: Is Virat Kohli retiring after another low score against England at Edgbaston?
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Congratulates Baywatch Co-Star Alexandra Daddario On Her Wedding
- News Capt Amarinder Singh likely to be NDA's pick for Vice President candidate
- Technology Lenovo Tab P11 Plus Coming To India Soon; Pricing Officially Confirmed
- Lifestyle 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
South Korean carmaker Hyundai has released a new trailer video for its upcoming Ioniq 6 electric sedan. The teaser video for the Hyundai Ioniq 6, which is in Korean, hints at a very streamlined body for the upcoming electric sedan.
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 teaser starts with small boy looking at the picture of a bicycle with the message, "Bike of the Future' before it starts showing more streamlined objects including clouds going over a mountain among other things before it ends with a dome shaped building before the words 'silhouette of the future' and the Ioniq 6 name and the 'Electrified Streamliner' tagline flashes to end the teaser.
While the teaser video doesn't reveal much, test mules of the Ioniq 6 that have been spotted testing across the globe. While Hyundai has tried its level best to hide details, the Ioniq 6 looks set to be a road going version of the Prophecy concept car from 2020. The Hyundai Prophecy concept EV features a very smooth shape and streamlined design, both of which are being teased by Hyundai in its latest teaser.
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 is expected to make its global debut later this month in South Korea. Like the recently launched Kia EV6 and the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 for India, the new EV6 sits on the Hyundai Motor Group's E-GMP platform.
The new Ioniq 6 is expected to make use of the same 77.4kWh battery pack powering the Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6. Like the two previously mentioned EVs, the new Ioniq 6 is expected to be featured in both rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive variants when it hits the streets.
While not much is know about the Ioniq 6 right now, Hyundai is currently preparing the Ioniq 5 for launch in India. The Hyundai EV6 will be assembled at the South Korean carmaker's Chennai plant. This will allow Hyundai to get a whole lot more aggressive with the pricing of the Ioniq 5 compared to its Kia sibling, the EV6.
Despite looking like a late 80s hatchback, the Ioniq 5 is quite a massive vehicle as it shares the same E-GMP platform seen on the Kia EV6. Hyundai Ioniq 5 is 4,635mm long, 1,890mm wide and 1,605mm tall. The wheelbase of the Ioniq 5 is 3,000mm long and the electric crossover weighs anywhere between 1.8 and 2.1 tonnes.
The Ioniq 5 could arrive with the lower-spec 58kWh battery pack as it looks to get really aggressive with the price point in order to distinguish itself from its Kia sibling. With prices expected to be around the Rs 50 lakh mark, Hyundai will be looking to disrupt the Indian luxury EV segment with the new Ioniq 5.
Thoughts On the Hyundai Ioniq 6 Teaser & The Upcoming Ioniq 5 For India
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 promises to be the next step in Hyundai's electric transformation and will see the South Korean carmaker target the luxury electric sedan segment. Meanwhile, the carmaker's plans for the Ioniq 5 in India could see it really disrupt the Indian luxury EV segment.